• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick questions

For my plastics/rubber trim what can I use to 'hydrate' them? I have all season and hyper. Will either of those work? Any tips on getting the glass rubber trim saturated? Since it will likely run down the door paint, that won't hurt, shouldn't right?

Also, I have a lot of junk on my windows that soapy solution just isnt getting into, will 4:1 super degreaser be too strong?
    My automotive related blog! http://hereishowiviewthings.blogspot.com/

Re: Quick questions

I would use ASD once a week for a month. Don't use too much, just a little bit repeatedly.

Did you try claying the windows?

Comment

Another vote for the All Season Dressing. If you can get a hold of #40, this would also be a good choice.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Davidson View Post
        I would use ASD once a week for a month. Don't use too much, just a little bit repeatedly.

Did you try claying the windows?
        Haven't tried the clay yet, I have before though and it worked ok. It is nothing major, mostly just sap and my rain-x is wearing off, and I want to get the windows squeaky clean before I re-apply the rain-x.

Also, for the trim, I botched a little back in april and got a little wax residue that has stuck to the trim. What can I clean them with to get it off before applying ASD.
        My automotive related blog! http://hereishowiviewthings.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 1970judge View Post
          Haven't tried the clay yet, I have before though and it worked ok. It is nothing major, mostly just sap and my rain-x is wearing off, and I want to get the windows squeaky clean before I re-apply the rain-x.

Also, for the trim, I botched a little back in april and got a little wax residue that has stuck to the trim. What can I clean them with to get it off before applying ASD.
          Gold class trim detailer works for removing wax residue , Ultimate Protectant might work too but I havent tried it yet

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');