• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's D120 Glass Cleaner Concentrate vs Meguiar's NXT Generation Glass Cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiar's D120 Glass Cleaner Concentrate vs Meguiar's NXT Generation Glass Cleaner

Hey Everybody , how do the two compare with each other. I have NXT Glass cleaner and I love it, no streaks what so ever.
    Does D120 glass concentrate perform the same.
    Its more economical than NXT and ill switch to it if it performs the same

Re: Meguiar's D120 Glass Cleaner Concentrate vs Meguiar's NXT Generation Glass Cleane

I think you will find that everyone that uses it, likes it, myself included. I think it is better than NXt glass cleaner.

Comment

Re: Meguiar's D120 Glass Cleaner Concentrate vs Meguiar's NXT Generation Glass Cleane

I wouldn't hesitate, if you have room for the jugs, go for it.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

It can be diluted 10:1 right? If it perform as good or better then I'm going to try getting some

Comment

I've never used anything other than D120 for good reason - I never wanted to try anything else. D120 is great and is dirt cheap. It comes out to be about $0.42 for 32oz of glass cleaner. Can't beat that.

Colin
          A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Both work well, but I prefer the NXT glass cleaner.

Comment

Have to read the jug, it is either 10 or 20:1.

Comment

1 gallon will give you 11 gallons of glass cleaner. It dilutes 10:1. Use distilled water when mixing it, it will clean up better.

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
                Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

This is one product that that you might have a tough time getting into Canada.

From AG's site:
                  This product cannot be shipped by air or ship to the following destinations: Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, Virgin Islands and APO/FPOs. All orders for this product ship by UPS Ground Service. No P.O. boxes. Please choose standard shipping when placing order. No international shipments.

If you try Cross Border shopping and bring it across yourself, you might be able to get some, but be careful. Check into it, even before you attempt it.

Make sure there are no restrictions on bringing it into Canada. Saying "I didn't know" at the boarder doesn't cut it. You may not get fined, but it will likely remain on your record that you attempted to bring a restricted product across the boarder. Do your homework.

Others on this forum have cross border shopped. Maybe they could chime in regarding this product.

Comment

Has anyone tried a mix of ISP and water with the glass cleaner?

No idea what that would accomplish, just thinking out loud.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Davidson View Post
                      This is one product that that you might have a tough time getting into Canada.

From AG's site:
                      This product cannot be shipped by air or ship to the following destinations: Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, Virgin Islands and APO/FPOs. All orders for this product ship by UPS Ground Service. No P.O. boxes. Please choose standard shipping when placing order. No international shipments.

If you try Cross Border shopping and bring it across yourself, you might be able to get some, but be careful. Check into it, even before you attempt it.

Make sure there are no restrictions on bringing it into Canada. Saying "I didn't know" at the boarder doesn't cut it. You may not get fined, but it will likely remain on your record that you attempted to bring a restricted product across the boarder. Do your homework.

Others on this forum have cross border shopped. Maybe they could chime in regarding this product.
                      Watch Midnight Run first...then decide

Comment

Must be slow on my acronyms today, ISP?

Comment

10:1 is the ratio. I use this for the auto's, house everywhere. Even the wife likes it a lot. My go to product.
                          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
                            Must be slow on my acronyms today, ISP?
                            Isopropyl

As in Isopropyl rubbing alcohol

I often find myself frustrated cleaning windows, getting every last drop of moisture. It always seams like the last bit just moves around, doesn't go away. So maybe.....with some ISP some of that will evaporate?

Comment

Oh, that is more often (at least it seems to me) called IPA.

You can always try it, but dont know how much it would help. Though you may be using too much as well, I find one squirt on a towel will do a side window if the car was just washed.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');