• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does #26 Have Any Fillers In It?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does #26 Have Any Fillers In It?

Can anyone tell me if #26 has any amount of filling ability in it like NXT to help hide any minor visble marring? I read on another forum that #26 will hide marring like NXT and I just want to know if this statemnt is correct or not. Thanks
    1996 Ford Explorer V8 5.0L AWD ~ Ivory Pearl Metallic

The nature of a wax, (or paint protectant by any other word), is to coat over and fill in. How well each wax does this varies depending upon the formula and the manufacture.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks Mike,
      So how is the formula of #26 at filling in and hideing marring compared to other Megs waxes like NXT that are marketed as having a filling ability. The reason I am asking is because it would be great to have a pure carnuba wax with no cleaners to use as a topper that also helped hide marring as well as NXT, thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by SR77
        Thanks Mike,
        So how is the formula of #26 at filling in and hiding marring compared to other Megs waxes like NXT that are marketed as having a filling ability. The reason I am asking is because it would be great to have a pure Carnauba wax with no cleaners to use as a topper that also helped hide marring as well as NXT, thanks again
        Hi SR77,
        • 1) What are you working on?
          2) What is your goal?
          3) What is your process?

* #26 Hi Tech Yellow Wax
        * Deep Crystal Carnauba Wax
        * #16 Professional Paste wax

are all pure waxes in that they don't contain any cleaners. That is they don't contain any ingredients with the intended purpose of cleaning the finish. They are formulated to be used on new, like new or pre-cleaned and pre-polished finishes.

As far as filling in defects, Meguiar's has always been in the business of creating products that remove them, not fill them in, as such Meguiar's has pioneered the technology of diminishing abrasives and has been using them in our cleaning products since the inception of our company starting with our Furniture Cleaners in 1901.

Here are some early Furniture products including a furniture cleaner for finished furniture

The true test of any product is on black paint in bright sunlight.

The best practice is to do everything you can to remove the swirls first and then let your choice of LSP, (Last Step Product), take your results over the top to your finishes maximum potential. Outside of that, NXT Tech wax is pretty hard to beat for eliminating fine swirls and scratches that are easily seen in bright light like sunlight. I think two thin coats of either #26 Hi-Tech Yellow wax and #16 Professional Paste Wax come close, but you would have to do side-by-side tests on your own cars finish to find out for sure.

A couple other points, we don't actually market a pure Carnauba wax, product like #26 Hi Tech Yellow Wax, Deep Crystal Carnauba Wax and even #16 Professional Paste wax are all, blended waxes.

Here at Meguiar's we don't make a wax based solely on pure Carnauba. All Meguiar's waxes are blended waxes that combine multiple ingredients for both:

* Beauty characteristics
        * Protection characteristics

By blending key ingredients, like the highest quality Carnauba waxes available, with the right polymers, silicones and other resins, Meguiar's can offer their customers waxes that offer the best of both worlds - Beautiful results with long lasting, durable protection.

On the other hand, for our customers looking for a pure synthetic paint protectant, Meguiar's has a wax for you too. Meguiar's new NXT Generation® Tech Wax is a completely new formula based upon cutting-edge polymer technology.

To accommodate the wide variety of different types of automotive paints on the market, and because no two people are alike, Meguiar's offers a number of waxes that contain Carnauba for it's gloss properties, as well as synthetic polymer protectants for their excellent durability and protective properties.

If you're looking for depth of color, high gloss and high shine, then Meguiar's can offer you all of these features plus unbeatable, long lasting protection depending on your preference in formula: Meguiar's synthetic waxes, or our more traditional waxes that include Carnauba.

It often comes down to,

* You
        * Your eyes
        * Your personal preferences

The most important thing however is to have confidence in the company whose name is on the label when it comes to providing real protection for your automotive investments.
        • 1) What are you working on?
          2) What is your goal?
          3) What is your process?

Mike
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Mike, thanks again for the reply. What I was looking for is a pure wax that can be used in between full details. If I do a full detail to remove most of the swirlsand then use a LSP, over the couse of a few months of washes, daily use etc.. you always see very fine marring. I was just looking to see if #26 had any filling ability like NXT for these very fine swirls to use a a touch up to hide the swirls until the next time i Polish. Usually try to polish around 2 times a year, so a pure LSP that can be layered that has filling ability would be great in between. thanks

Comment

Hi SR77,

#26 should work fine for this, #16 also will work.

Mike
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Re: Does #26 Have Any Fillers In It?

The maroon coloured tub 'Cleaner wax' also has ongoing cleaning + filling ability and if you were to add durability #16 is a top ranker. On a daily driver the build up is gradual, daily, so fo rme its important my wax cleans as I dont have time to as much as Id like (or without the neighbours thinking im bonkers)

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');