• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to use on wiper blades?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to use on wiper blades?

I'd like to make the wiper blades on my new Mazda3 last a bit longer and work a bit better. I'm hesitant to use a protector (Aromor All, etc) on them as I suspect they'll streak and squeak. Any suggesetions? I've already Rain-x'd the windshield.

Re: What to use on wiper blades?

After washing and drying my car, I clean the windows with a glass cleaner (Meguiar's Detailer Line Glass Cleaner 10:1). In the process, I be sure to spray some glass cleaner on the towel, and run it along the wiper blades to clean them. I have founf that keeping them clean extends the performance and certainly the life. Things stuck on the wiper blades can help them deteriorate faster.

When using the Detailer Line Glass cleaner, I have found that RainX is not necessary.

Matt
    -----

Comment

I use 303 protectant on my wipers. Take them off, clean them as Matt suggests, and give them a good soaking in 303 protectant. (sorry not a Mequiar's product) Wipe excess clean after 15 minutes or leave them overnight, as I do, and then wipe clean. Seems to make them last longer.
      No cracks or streaks.

Comment

Also, try claying your windshield. You'll be surpised how dirty your clay will get.
        Am i obsessed?? A car is the second biggest financial investment for most people, why not keep it looking better than new?

Comment

Thanks much! I will try some of those suggestions.

Comment

+1 on the claying the glass - especially if you live in a high pollen area or have ever removed paint overspray from your metal surfaces, you may well need to do the glass as well.

Comment

Originally posted by agp56 View Post
              +1 on the claying the glass - especially if you live in a high pollen area or have ever removed paint overspray from your metal surfaces, you may well need to do the glass as well.
              +2 It will make your glass as smooth as.....glass!

Comment

IMHO claying the glass, and cleaning the blades are the keys to long blade life.
                quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');