• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is a god place to buy Meguiars rotary pads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is a god place to buy Meguiars rotary pads?

I plan on ordering a backing plate from premiumatuocare.com, but where should I purchase my pads? Thanks.

If your still looking, I ordered mine online from meguiars!
    good luck.
    2019 GMC Sierra
    1500 AT4

Comment

The Ultimate Bonnet is simply a microfiber bonnet that slips over a foam polishing pad. They come in three different sizes but the size for the PC is the small, 6" size. The part number is M-9920

Ultimate Bonnet

What I notice when using them to remove waxes like Tech Wax is that they seem to increase the surface gloss over if I wipe off by hand. That said, I always go back over the entire finish by hand because there are some places that are hard to reach.

With the PC, foam pads, and microfiber bonnets, you can pretty much eliminate your hand from ever touching the finish.

Mike
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Well, the backing plate is said to be 7.5in, so what size pad would I need to use for this?

Comment

Where to buy?

I've found the best place to buy pads is right here at Meguiar's.com...not too many places sell Meguiar's pads so you're pretty limited both online and at local stores. You could go with other brand names like Lake Country, but I don't know their quailty nor proformance...I trust Meguiar's so I stay with Meguiar's... But to find that needle in a hay stack you should go to a main search engine (google) and type in 'Meguiar's polishing pads/supplies' or the brand you are itching for...just watch out for 'nock off's' and 'price hikes' at other sources for (Meguiars)

I hope this helps and good luck!

Comment

Correct Pad w/plate

To answer your question, you want to buy all of your pad(s) in 8". Just remember you want the pad bigger than the backing plate.

Have fun detailing!

Comment

You’d use a 6” backing plate for Meguiar’s 8” pads and a 5” backing plate for the 6.5” pads.

According to their website PremiumAutoCare’s pads are 7.5” and use a 6” backing plate. Their plate appears to have a centering “nub” similar to Meguiar’s. I think there’s a good chance it will work with Meguiar’s 8” pads. (Premium’s plates look remarkably like Lake Country plates. I’m betting LC makes them.)

PC.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');