• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, where do you stand when it comes to detailing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So, where do you stand when it comes to detailing?

I still consider myself new at this detailing the megs way aka the right way. I just take care of my families cars, and one of my daughter's friends car. As I try to hone my skills and take them to the next level.
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

I detail professionally when I have time between working full-time and going to school part-time. I am want to grow my business so that it can be self-sustaining.

Comment

I am all new to detailing,thanks to you guys my car is getting better

Comment

For now, just my own vehicles, but i'm thinking about doing some on the side (family, friends etc.)
          This spring I might just see what becomes of it.
          Never know until you try.
          on, people!

Comment

just my own vehicles AND some future in-laws' for now. tee-hee...

contemplating on earning something out of it someday too...
            But that's just me. Hope that helped though...

Comment

Manage a detail shop full time for an independent auto dealership with 3 detailers under me. So about 3/4 of my time I'm detailing.
              Anything worth doing is worth doing right.

Comment

I have now grossed a whopping $70.00 total in weekend detailing. Started out as a hobby a couple of months ago, still is really, but I've detailed two cars for cold, hard cash. Yup.....$70.00. Only $600 and change before I come out even for what I've spent so far.
                Expensive hobby.
                Heatgain (Gary)
                The Irate Magistrate
                Neutral & Detached

Comment

I had forgotten about this post... interesting to look at.
                  Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                  Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I am on the begging of my own business.I started as a mobile detailer and i hope that soon i will have my own shop.I am really new at detailing and i have a lot to learn.According to the "professional detailer" i know i thing that i know more than them.For example:i asked about 10 pro to tell my how i could remove the swirls from my black car and the answer was:IT IS IMPOSSIBLE.IT'S BLACK.Finally i removed them and i would like to help other people to get on the real world of detailing because most of them the know only 3 words about detailing.POLISH,COMPOUND and WAX.
                    I AM HERE TO LEARN

Comment

I really only do my cars.... occassionally I'll do a family members. It's just more motivating when you're doing your own car and know you get to cruise around in it after its all nice and purdified
                      Jess
                      97 Pontiac Firebird Y87

Comment

I have been detailing for 17 years , mostly as a business . Up until recently , I had only been working on my own stuff since I quit doing it full time . Former clients see my Beetle driving around all shiny and nice , and they want their cars done on my days off . So now I do the odd one here and there for some extra bread , and to keep current with the new toys .

Comment

I have detailed cars since 1970, although I would not really call what I was doing back then, "detailing". It has been the last few years when I have become extremely methodical about washing, drying, claying, polishing, glazing, sealing and waxing.

What has attracted me to this site is the amount of information and knowledge to truly transform an average looking paint job into something that is show car spectacular.

Having seen Rasky's work firsthand, I want to be able to simulate his work and really produce a detailing job that will make paint pop.

Comment

I have 5 vehicles to take car of and three of them are always outside. Between detailing, modifying, and maintenance, I keep pretty busy. Too bad the weekends aren't longer.
                            1992 Mustang 5.0L turbo notchback
                            1986 Merkur XR4Ti 2.3L turbo
                            1998 Explorer 5.0L

Comment

Huh - I started this poll so long ago now I have to change my vote to: I detail for some side cash on the weekends. Interesting -
                              Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                              Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I just started getting money for the end of the season details. Since I am young it is a way to get some extra cash flow. Hopefully if everything works out next spring I will start my detailing business and get some real cash flow.
                                Joel
                                Firefighter/EMT-B
                                Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
                                "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
                                '99 F-150

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');