• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, where do you stand when it comes to detailing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why and What I detail

I detail my own cars, my wife loves it. Also do some of my families cars as well as friends of the family. There is something about a 73 year old retired pastor who means a lot to me marveling at his gleaming Saturn. Also my daughters now expect it...

A hobby I enjoy completely.

Bill P.

Comment

Mostly my own, but last fall I started doing others vehicles on weekends. So, hopefully I will be doing others starting this spring.
      My Home Page
      2000 Ford Explorer XLT
      Alpine CDM-9803, Alpine MRP-F306, Crossfire TEK 35.2, Front Stage: Stock Speakers, JL Audio 10W3D2

Comment

Once I get some sort of DA polisher/buffer I am going to tackle my brother's 89 Vette and associated swirls. Until then, it's just detailing my car and washing my mother's.
        "Son, crying in your milk is bad enough; crying in your hot fudge sundae is just disgusting."
        R.A. Heinlein

Comment

I detail my own car within an inch of its life, and I also do side work (weather permitting) on coworkers cars, family and referrals.
          Don
          12/27/2015
          "Darth Camaro"
          2013 Camaro ... triple black
          323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine

I personally believe that the introduction of detailing clay is the best thing to happen to auto detailing in the last 20 years.
            I definitely agree. The next best thing in the last 20 years is microfiber towels.

----------------

Back to the topic. I've had my own mobile detailing business 11 years full time come April.
            Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Comment

I do my own as well as the wifes, but with all the products I've invested in, I will start doing detailing on the weekends for some side work this summer.

It's therapy for me as well and a stress reliever as well as giving me the feeling of satisfaction when I stand back and look at it when I am done.

Tom

Comment

I purchased a new car last year and I wanted to learn how to take care of my new investment, so I searched the internet and found a few good places to learn the art of detailing. Then a friend of mine told me about this Meguiars forum and it was like hitting the jack pot in Las Vegas for auto detailing. I had the great pleasure and fortune to attend the Mike Phillips car clinic recently at their corporate hedquarters and spent the day learning how to do it right. Thanks again Mike!!! I now enjoy detailing my wifes car and my truck and after a few more practice cars of my family and friends I think I might try to drum up some extra weekend money.

--------------
                Mike M
                Last edited by corvetmike; Mar 8, 2005, 08:56 PM.

Comment

It's a side business with me, but I've been tempted to do it full time.

I get a lot of raves about my work, but I can see where I need to refine my craft a little more each day in order to make it full time.

My speed is not the greatest in the world, but it's improved a little.

A 1000 posts

I've never made a 1000 posts on any forum, until now.
                  Last edited by rusty bumper; May 31, 2005, 09:12 PM.
                  r. b.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Bumper

A 1000 posts

I've never made a 1000 posts on any forum, until now.
                    Congrats! That is a lot of posts! I am not as active in anyother forum either, none are as fun.
                    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by gb387
                      Congrats! That is a lot of posts! I am not as active in anyother forum either, none are as fun.
                      It beats TV.......At least I'm learning something.
                      r. b.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Bumper
                        It beats TV.......At least I'm learning something.
                        Brandon

Comment

Detailing is a side business for me. Being in school, the flexibility makes it perfect. Not to mention the perks of being able to work on some amazing automobiles.
                          Last edited by Lt1Corvette; Jun 26, 2005, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Just do my own...
                            2002 SOM Pontiac Trans AM WS6
                            (Build # 7817, Conversion Date April 22, 2002, # 213 of the 303 SOM M6 T-Top WS6 TAs)
                            334.9 HP and 347.8 TQ

Comment

*bump*
                              Brandon

Comment

That Mercedes I did (for fun) a few weeks ago .... he's been filling up my inbox requesting a second "treatment"
                                AIM: PathogenNOS (I'm bored, find me )

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');