• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheels

Does anybody have any good tips for cleaning chrome rims? I have tried every cleaner I can find and my rims are just so hard to get completely clean. I have heard of people using WD40 but I wasn't sure how safe it is on the finish.
    this is the rim I have and the dust and road grime is so hard to get out of the little grooves.
    Just looking for some advice.

Hi Mike,

Chrome wheels are typically some of the easiest wheels to clean because chome plating is very chemical and scratch resistant.

Two things, Meguiar's offers a number of different wheel cleaners, some are very safe while still being effective and others are more powerful and designed for use by professionals. Have you tried any of the wheel cleaners shown below?

Gold Class All Wheel Cleaner

Hot Rims/Cool Care All Wheel Cleaner

Gold Class Instant Wheel Cleaner

#36 Hi-Tech Wheel Cleaner

Wheel Brightener

Meguiar's Wheel Brightener is the product of choice for professionals looking for a powerful wheel cleaner that quickly and effectively removes tough brake dust. There is a thin line between effective cleaning and dangerous to use products. Wheel Brightener gives users the ultimate in flexibility, cleaning and safety with one product.

D-14001 1 gallon
    D-14005 5 gallon
    D-14055 55 gallon

Dilution Up to 4:1

Not for use on anodized, magnesium or polished aluminum wheels.

Besides wheel cleaners, Meguiar's has introduced a complete line of professional grade accessories that includes wheel and tire cleaning brushes. These new brushes will be available in mid to late February.

Versa-Angle Wheel Face Brush

Safety Tip Wheel Spoke Brush

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hot Rims/Cool Care All Wheel Cleaner
      I used this and it works real well for me
      2004 MY C5 ,2005 SLK350[BLACK],.1999 Black Suburban .

Comment

WD-40 is an ok solvent but the goo it leaves behind will probably cause the crud to cake up in any in tight corners and also make your wheels collect dirt even faster.

I don't have any chrome wheels but #36 sure works great for everything I've got.

Actually, I find that as long as I clean my wheels fairly regularly and use a good brush that gets into the nooks and crannies Gold Class shampoo is enough to keep them looking good.

PC.

Comment

Originally posted by the other pc

Actually, I find that as long as I clean my wheels fairly regularly and use a good brush that gets into the nooks and crannies Gold Class shampoo is enough to keep them looking good.

PC.

I used NXT soap and water with a sheepskin wash mit to wash. Then MF for drying. Glass cleaner to polish (remove any water spots). Topped with NXT wax or #26.

I washed the car weekly so caked on dirt and brake dust wasn't a real problem.
          Last edited by scrub; Jan 14, 2005, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');