• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to clean soft foam applicator pad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to clean soft foam applicator pad?

Hello, I have problem with cleaning my soft foam pad..

I used APC, Dish washing detergent and hot water to clean the pads that I used for swirl X,. UC, D 151, NXT 2.0 and GCCP.... but they seemed not really clean..

Can you share any techniques to clean these pads? thank you...
    "Does it come in black?" Bruce Wayne / Batman Begins

Re: How to clean soft foam applicator pad?

You mean the hand applicator pads?

I usually throw them in a bucket with a good amount of Dawn and water, and let them soak for a bit, then come back and rinse them out.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
      You mean the hand applicator pads?

I usually throw them in a bucket with a good amount of Dawn and water, and let them soak for a bit, then come back and rinse them out.
      Yeah, what he said, only I substitute a sink for bucket. I use hottest water I can get out of my tap and let it sit in there until it is at least room temperature. They clean up real easy that way. Also, when I'm still in the garage I'll give the pad a quick spray of APC+.
      2014 Cadillac ATS4 Performance in White Diamond Tricoat. It's loaded with everything but frickin' lasers!

Comment

If you want to get them really clean it's usually just a matter of time and patience (same with cleaning paint brushes).
        As mentioned above let the pads sit in a bucket of solution for some time. Gravity will bring the compound towards the bottom of the bucket. You'd be amazed how much stuff is still in a pad that you thought was clean, if you just give it time to sit.

Comment

Yes they were hand applicator pads...

Hmm so I 'll just have to put it with a hot water but let it sink for some time.. I'll try to do that.. I think I was just sink it for a while and press the pad with a spoon to push the products out, but it didn't work.. Thank you, I'll try to sink it with some more time..
          "Does it come in black?" Bruce Wayne / Batman Begins

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');