• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Challenge of Delicate Paint

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Challenge of Delicate Paint

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
    It would be good to try out the Cleaner/Wax, or ColorX as a step before the wax.

If leery, you would just do a panel or small area at first, and inspect it. Then move on.
    Being that I know I am dealing with a thin coat of paint, does this remove any of the paint?
    Thanks Mat

Comment

No, they are both quite mild used by hand. You can work them in a lot of course, but you can also apply them by just wiping around like a regular wax, just to get a little dirt cleaning.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks

Comment

To prevent any scratches/swirls on delicate paint, better if I use D151 by hand or rotary? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Rafael Rakyan View Post
            To prevent any scratches/swirls on delicate paint, better if I use D151 by hand or rotary? Thanks
            As stated by Michael above, it may be difficult to finish hologram-free with D151 via rotary on delicate paint. So if that's what you want to prevent, do it by hand.

Either that, or be prepared to do a second step with a less agressive product on the rotary.
            Originally posted by Blueline
            I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Now i am really confuse... i have a Peugeot 407 black colour and she is nearly 7 years old... next week i am going to detailing her and it will be her first detailing.. i bought lots of meg product (ultimate compound, swirlx, scratchx, plastx, endurance tire gel, wash mitt, microfiber towels, hand peds, shampoo, clay, ultimate quik detailer, trim clenaner, engine cleaner, wax cleaner, hand peds, etc. etc. etc. i live in turkey and meg products are much more expensive when you compare the usa..
              anyway.. my care has lots of swirls haze and scratchs (not deep base not see) before reading that page i have a game plan but now its all change,, first of all i have no chance to try all product because it is very expensine and the most important thing it is really hard to find it.. if you want to undertand what i am talking about just visit meguiars.com.tr you will see limited product, for ex. there is no ultimate polish... So here was my game plan;

1-)Wash car (NXT gen car wash + microfiber mitt)
              2-)Clay car ( Clay bar + quik detailer)
              3-)Wash car (NXT gen car wash + microfiber mitt)
              4-)Ultimate compound by rotary polisher(i wiil use 3M cutting pad 150mm green, because i couldnt find meg so i bought 3M pad)
              5-)swirlX by rotary polisher ( 3M polishing pad 150mm yellow )
              6-)NXT gen Tech Wax 2.0 (by hand or 3M finishing ped 150mm blue)

if i didnt read this page i will start my process next week but now i am really confused.. please give me an idea about what should i do ?
              i know there is no Peugeot cars in usa but any one know how is her paint ?
              could you please check my detailing step and let me know what is my mistake or correct..

Comment

1) Wash
                2) Clay
                3. No need to re-wash
                4) I would not want a cutting pad. I would want to try a test spot with the SwirlX with polishing pad first. Then I would try UC with polishing pad if needed. It is possible the UC may need followed up with SwirlX, cant say for sure until you try.
                5) Wax
                6) Wax

The best option would be to do a small test spot in one area, check it out good, and then come back here for any questions, if you have pictures, etc. Then proceed on the entire car.

Comment

1) Wash
                  2) Clay
                  3. No need to re-wash
                  4) I would not want a cutting pad. I would want to try a test spot with the SwirlX with polishing pad first. Then I would try UC with polishing pad if needed. It is possible the UC may need followed up with SwirlX, cant say for sure until you try.
                  5) Wax
                  6) Wax

The best option would be to do a small test spot in one area, check it out good, and then come back here for any questions, if you have pictures, etc. Then proceed on the entire car.
                  Mur1525 Thank you for your advise..i was so confused, now i am going to try what you say, i will share the result after try test spots, thank you very much again,,,

Comment

Murr1525 Today i tired a test spot, i saw that 3M polishing pad + swirlX woks fine, but not the best, i tried 3M polishing pad + UC other spot, i saw that it works better, but i guess it would be better i just wonder which one is less damage the paint, UC or twice aplied SwirlX ? and do you offer me to apply UC and swirlX together ? i mean first UC than SwirlX with 3MPolishing Pad? and here is my last applying order;

1-)Wash Car
                    2-)Clay Car
                    3-)3M Polishing Pad + SwirlX(twice),,,,,,,, or UC,,,,,,,, or UC + SwirlX
                    4-)
                    5-)NXT Tech Wax 2.0

My car is black so can you please offer me Polish for deep black effect for number 4 ?

Comment

Sounds like the UC first, then followed up with SwirlX may work best.

Comment

Sounds like the UC first, then followed up with SwirlX may work best.
                        Ok, So will do like that, do you have a suggestion for number 4 ?

Comment

The #4 step would basically be the SwirlX.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Davidson View Post
                            Do you guys think Meguiar's should sell a inexpensive test kit?

Likely no matter how much you preach, most consumers are not going to spend $60 on 6 bottles of product, to figure out which $10 product they should be using.
                            I totally agree, I'd love to try one of everything from Meguiar's if I had the money .

Comment

A sample or variety kit could be nice.

Though really, having 3 products + soap, clay, and a wax isnt that much.

Comment

great post

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');