• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Reply to a Thread (Message)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Reply to a Thread (Message)

Once you have registered, if you want to sign-up for a club event or post new messages or reply to existing messages, you simply click to the message you're interested in and look for the Reply button (See the picture below)

When you click on the Reply Button a new screen will open up with a gray Message Box. You can type our message in here.

After you are happy with your message and have corrected any spelling mistakes, (if any), and add some Smilies, or inserted a picture, you can then click on the Preview Reply button below the message box and look to see what your message will look like, or you can simply click on the Submit Reply button and your message will be added to the thread.

Note: When replying to a thread, you only have to type your message into the message box. There is a smaller gray box on top of the message box where you can type in a Subject for your message, but typically you don't use this feature when replying to to a thread.

You do have to type in a subject if you are starting a thread.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Mike,

How do you insert a thread address into a reply when you want to let someone who has asked a question know how to find it?
    2006 Mercedes C-55 AMG black
    2000 BMW 328ci silver-totalled by son (no injuries)
    1998 Dodge Dakota Sport 4x4 deep amythest

Comment

Originally posted by amg/md
      Mike,

How do you insert a thread address into a reply when you want to let someone who has asked a question know how to find it?
      Highlight the URL Address in your browser window and then copy and paste it into your message.

with Internet Explorer and Firefox it's at the top of your browser. If you don't see it then you need to add it by clicking on,

In IE Explorer

View
      Toolbars
      Address Bar

In Firefox

View
      Toolbars
      Navigation Toolbar

It will look like this,

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Mike,

Thanks! You actually helped me figure out two things at once.

Now I know how to post a thread address in my replies, and I finally, after many weeks, figured out how to have my address window active again. Was wondering where it went. I had to double click on the word address which is located just to the left of the address window. I somehow made it disappear a long time ago and never could figure the mystery out. Duh.
        2006 Mercedes C-55 AMG black
        2000 BMW 328ci silver-totalled by son (no injuries)
        1998 Dodge Dakota Sport 4x4 deep amythest

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');