• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tire Cleaner from this Line? (Super Degreaser??)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Cleaner from this Line? (Super Degreaser??)

Not looking for a hands free spray & rinse tire cleaner, just something good from this line. I've been using Sime Green with great results for a very long time and even using it as my general 'degreaser' for engines, suspension, undercarriage, etc, because I already had it and it does the job...quite well I have to say.

For the record, I ended up using it as my sole tire cleaner cause my truck has a very finneky (sp?) set of wheels. SG was the only thing I could use to clean the tires that would not spot or eat them up.

But now I'm doubting what the SG is doing to them in the long run, and would just preferr to use something more focused and from this lineup of products.

Thought about geting the super degreaser to have as intended (engines, etc) but starting to think it may be too much for just a daily tire scrubber.

Would you guys use that as your normal tire cleaner, even if dilluted, or go with a different product all together??

Do you guys dillute your super degreaser for the things you do use it for anyways...isn't that stuff pretty strong full strength??

Re: Tire Cleaner from this Line? (Super Degreaser??)

If you want a "daily tire scrubber" product, check out APC+ in the Detailer Line. Neither of the APC products or Super Degreaser should be used full strength.

Comment

I dilute Meguiar's Super Degreaser about 5:1 for tires and it works very well. I'm thinking about an 8:1 and seeing if it's just as effective.
      BobbyG

Comment

Depending on how bad the tire is, I'll use either APC 4:! or SD 4:1. Just make sure your bottle has a foaming sprayer, as I've found it tends to work a little easier for you.

APC (and APC+) and SD are great little swiss army knifes to have in your arsenal!
        1998 Supermarine Blue Pearl Honda CR-V

Comment

I regularly use apc for tire cleaning. IMHO it does a great job.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');