• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from the High Desert of New Mexico . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from the High Desert of New Mexico . . .

My name is Terry.

I am 62 yrs. old / Self Employed / single & live alone-except for my 20 month old female Standard Poodle (No Shedding!), Garbo - who is my most often passenger in the car.

I just purchased a new 2010 Infiniti G37X Coupe- took delivery 7/2/2010. It is the color Infiniti calls "Slate Blue"-> color code K52 <- I would describe it as a "Charcoal Blue"- it looks dark gray in low light , you only see the blue in daylight. It is a metallic paint. The interior is a VERY light Cream/Ivory colored Leather seats (both front & back) with dark Maple wood accents & the same colored carpets (which i plan to cover with custom fitted rubber floor mats).

I do not have a garage, but park under a car port in my back yard- so the car get alot of dust on it while sitting. I plan on buying a gas powered Pressure Washer for washing it.

The car will not be driven alot of miles as I spend most of my driving miles in my Freighliner Work van ( the 2003 Honda Accord Coupe the G37X is replacing only had 44,500 miles on it)

I found this Group (which looks like a GREAT resource) while doing research on the Xzilon Paint Sealant Package offered by my Dealer.

I have been detailing motorcycles & cars since 1962- with more effort put into the motorcycles than the cars.

I have always waxed/Polished a new car twice as soon as I got it- I have not done so yet on my G37X since I am considering the Xzilon Package from the dealer @ $400.

I was scheduled to take the G37X in this morning for the Xzilon treatment- BUT- I am scheduled to have the windows Tinted & a 3M Clear Plastic Bra installed next Monday & when I talked to the folks at Xzilon they said to NOT have the Xzilon applied before the bra as the bra will not adhere to the Xzlion. So I have put the Xzilon off for now.

I am also thinking of having Body Side Moldings installed & I assume the same would apply since they go on with adhesive as well.

I have read many of the postings here & see many products referred to by abbreviations & I hope there is a Glossary somewhere that will tell me what those mean.

I will be posting many questions as I want to make sure I make the correct decisions about protecting the surface of my new G37X.

Thanx to everyone in advance for any help you can give me!

--------------------
    From the High Desert of New Mexico
    sturgisrun -> Terry
    --------------------

Re: Hello from the High Desert of New Mexico . . .

Hello and welcome to mol.

Enjoy your new ride.
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
      Save the $400 the dealer wants and invest in some good quality materials from Meguiar's that you will be able to continue to use to keep the finish of your new car looking new!

Comment

Thanx to you both for the welcome.. .. ..

Re. the $400 Xzilon treatment -> That is kinda how I am leaning- I actually enjoy detailing my rides.
        I need to go thru this site to get some instructions on how I should handle my new paint & leather seats.

--------------------
        From the High Desert of New Mexico
        sturgisrun -> Terry
        --------------------

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');