• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trigger Sprayer that won't Die from WB!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trigger Sprayer that won't Die from WB!

I've gone through about 4 chemical resistant trigger sprayers just because I'll forget to squirt the excess Wheel Brightener Solution (4:1) out of the sprayer head before stowing it away. Just recently, I replaced the sprayer with the ones that come on the consumer line wheel cleaners.

I haven't squirted out any excess and I just let it sit in the sprayer. It has lasted so far for about a month. So go ahead and use those old sprayers with your Wheel Brightener so you don't have to go through the hassle of emptying the sprayers.

An added plus is that those nozzles foam too!

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
    Remove swirls my friends.

Re: Trigger Sprayer that won't Die from WB!

That's good to know.

So you're actually screwing the trigger sprayer from the eg. "Hot Rims Wheel All Wheel Cleaner" onto the D20140 Wheel Brightener bottle.

Any leaks around the edges? Does the suction hose get right to the bottom of the Wheel Brightener bottle?

It sounds easier than cleaning out the chem res sprayer each time (which I've been doing, based on your past advice).

BTW is Wheel Brightener the only product that is known to eat the o-rings in the D110542 chem resistant sprayer?

Comment

Thanks, I'll give it a try!

Comment

The ADS foaming sprayer has been going strong on my 4:1 WB for a couple months now.

And I use my WB quite a bit.
        Nick
        Tucker's Detailing Services
        815-954-0773
        2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Davidson View Post
          That's good to know.

So you're actually screwing the trigger sprayer from the eg. "Hot Rims Wheel All Wheel Cleaner" onto the D20140 Wheel Brightener bottle.

Any leaks around the edges? Does the suction hose get right to the bottom of the Wheel Brightener bottle?

It sounds easier than cleaning out the chem res sprayer each time (which I've been doing, based on your past advice).

BTW is Wheel Brightener the only product that is known to eat the o-rings in the D110542 chem resistant sprayer?

Yep I just took the sprayer head off and put it on my WB Bottle. No leaks or anything yet, but the nozzle doesn't sit still, it is free to spin, because it is made for a different bottle that has the locking tread stuff on it. I believe the straw goes all the way down to the bottom, but I don't know off the top of my head.

So far I haven't run into any other products that eat through chemical resistant sprayers. Body solvent is fine, APC 4:1 works with a normal sprayer, Super Degreaser 4:1 works with a chemical resistant. It is just WB that kills em!

Comment

Thank you so much! You just saved us all a bunch of $ and pain.

Comment

Originally posted by Husker71 View Post
              Thank you so much! You just saved us all a bunch of $ and pain.
              Something makes me think that it is the foaming action the sprayer creates that helps is stay resilient to WB. I still haven't found a normal sprayer that can withstand WB, but I like the foaming action better!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
                The ADS foaming sprayer has been going strong on my 4:1 WB for a couple months now.

And I use my WB quite a bit.

Mine has been going strong for like 6 years now. Only time I take it out of the bottle or empty the sprayer is when I refill the bottle.
                If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

Originally posted by Jokeman View Post
                  Mine has been going strong for like 6 years now. Only time I take it out of the bottle or empty the sprayer is when I refill the bottle.
                  What dilution are you using?

Comment

I recently started to use Wheel Brightner (4:1 ratio) and what I do at the end of my wash is take the head off, stick the sprayer's tube into the soapy wash and spray out the left over WB. Since there is a cap that avoids blow back, I stick the sprayer back on the bottle and no issues.

Comment

Andrew, is the tire product trigger still working? It's been 1 1/2 months since you started this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew C. View Post
                        What dilution are you using?
                        4:1

It started to act up and I basically just unscrewed the tip, took out the spring and the sprayer part, put it back in and it worked fine again. First time it acted up on me.
                        If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');