• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTB Griots Garage DA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB Griots Garage DA

Well it looks like i could use a 2nd DA. I have the standard PC 7424, but need something with a little more 'oomph' if you will.

If anyone has a Griots that they'd like to sell (or a flex for a realllly good price? hah!) please PM me and let me know.

Quick question, is the backing plate for the PC the same as Griots?

I would also be interested in any 5.5-7" pads to buy seperate, or as a part of a package with the GG polisher.

Thanks guys.
    Wills Amstutz
    Windows And Wheels Auto Detailing LLC
    www.WindowsAndWheels.com

'Like' Us On Facebook

Re: WTB Griots Garage DA

Originally posted by Wills.WindowsAndWheels View Post
    ...Quick question, is the backing plate for the PC the same as Griots?...
    Yes.

Colin
    A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Originally posted by cnfowler View Post
      Yes.

Colin
      Thanks
      Wills Amstutz
      www.WindowsAndWheels.com

'Like' Us On Facebook

Comment

Wow, this must be a really good machine, no one wants to sell theirs!
        Wills Amstutz
        www.WindowsAndWheels.com

'Like' Us On Facebook

Comment

If you're looking to step up to a more powerful machine I would make the move to a FLEX DA over the Griots DA.
          Shawn - Final Touch Auto Detail
          Houston Area Mobile Detailing
          www.FinalTouchAutoDetail.com

Comment

Are we saying that both these machines have more power than Megs G110v2? Anyone run a comparison?

Comment

Originally posted by Wills.WindowsAndWheels View Post
              Wow, this must be a really good machine, no one wants to sell theirs!
              You're targeting the wrong forum audience. MOL members owning the GGDA probably number less than 1% of the forum population. Those willing to part with their GGDA would be even less.

Time to switch your search to a more target rich environment. Log onto AutoGeek and post your WTB thread there. You'll probably get a jump in responses.

Comment

Originally posted by ClearlyCoated View Post
                You're targeting the wrong forum audience. MOL members owning the GGDA probably number less than 1% of the forum population. Those willing to part with their GGDA would be even less.

Time to switch your search to a more target rich environment. Log onto AutoGeek and post your WTB thread there. You'll probably get a jump in responses.
                Lol, good point. I would post on AG, but they dont allow 'selling' and 'buying' only 'trading'...which is kinda stupid to me...and say if you get caught doing any 'buying or selling' you could risk having your account suspended...real nice. So since i dont want that to happen i didnt post that there. I like that you can outright buy/sell on here, AG should just make it a clear statement that they are not responsible for any bad sales/buys etc...and its ALL at the individuals risk and that AG has nothing to do with it...kinda like MOL has done.

I did post on Autopia.com but no hits there either.

FinalTouch I'd LOVE a Flex, but my budget doesnt 'flex' that far at the moment. I figured I'd get a GG as a 2nd polisher so my sis and i both have one, kidna double up on exterior jobs....and when money comes in i'd then get myself a Flex, then have a choice of GG or PC as a 2nd polisher, and have whatever one remains as a back up.

Also the fact that Flex has different backing plates etc for pads means MORE expenses...and i really cant afford it.

To Fred,
                The amp/motor size ratings between the GG and Megs is pretty close but i believe the GG is a little more powerful...at least in #'s ya know? I just figured I'd throw out a WTB ad, hope i could get something for under $100 for the time being and up to a Flex when i could afford it, if i dont then i'll just have to substitute with extra elbow grease for the time being...I'm only 24 so i can handle it lol.

Thanks for the replies guys.
                Wills Amstutz
                www.WindowsAndWheels.com

'Like' Us On Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by fredcandetail View Post
                  Are we saying that both these machines have more power than Megs G110v2? Anyone run a comparison?
                  Yes, the Griots is more powerfull than the Megs and the Flex is more powerful than the Griots although the Flex is a little different than the PC, G110 and GG D.A.'s

Comment

Ya i know flex has a 'forced rotation' so to speak...I want one eventually but my budget says 'not yet!'
                    Wills Amstutz
                    www.WindowsAndWheels.com

'Like' Us On Facebook

Comment

why not get the g110v2?
                      2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

If i found one cheap enough i probably would...i just know the GG is a little more powerful and thats why i'd prefer it over the g110v2
                        Wills Amstutz
                        www.WindowsAndWheels.com

'Like' Us On Facebook

Comment

It's currently $135 in AG. I think that's a smoking deal.
                          2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');