• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Odor Eliminator not enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odor Eliminator not enough?

When I bought my truck it was a wreck from an impound yard and rain had gotten into the back window, and it was also overpowered with air fresheners, I tried several products including ford motorcraft carpet and upholstry cleaner which got rid of all the stains and temporarily made it smell like a hair salon I also placed boxes of baking soda in the cab and now that its hot out left the windows open for a couple days to air it out... The smell now isnt overpowering but always lingering and I dont like it so I thought I would try the famous meguiars Odor eliminator, well it worked for a few hours, then I got home from work, back to the same old smell, I sprayed the *** out of the seats and carpet and headliner, next day... same smell, SO I soaked the interior with the remainder of the bottle and the next day, same smell (not quite as strong, but a hint of scent of the odor eliminator as well.) I assume I am going to have to take it to another level, but not sure what. Any recommendations? The interior appears very clean, but the smell is of what used to be possibly overkill of airfresheners etc. Hope someone can help.

Re: Odor Eliminator not enough?

You may have developed mold. Is the water damage only in the carpet or in the seats as well?
    One products you can try that is not made by Meguiars is Dakota Odor remover.
    Dakota Odor Eliminator Products - Dakota Products, Inc. specializes in innovative and effective odor removal products for cars, homes, offices and more. Dakotas air fresheners and odor control products are trusted by professional detailers and ...

Get the nonscented one.

Odorcide is another one to try:

Comment

Microban Mildew & Mold Remover is an environmentally-safe, anti-microbial formula that destroys mould, mildew, and other bacterial odours on contact. When you cannot use chlorine, Microban is a very effective solution. The formula is a water-based, non-flammable bactericide, fungicide, deodorant and anti-microbial, all in one formulation
      Application - do not dilute, use full strength, apply via sprayer to porous surfaces until moist, no not over wet, brush into carpeting, allow to dry 10-20 minutes
      ~ Providing unbiased advice that Professional and Enthusiast Detailer’s Trust ~ Blog – http://togwt1980.blogspot.com

Comment

I understand your problem and moreover,i say start w/ shampooing the carpetlet it dry, use some arm and hammer deodorizer, vacuum.
        lastly, you should buy one of those plug in air fresheners.

Comment

Depending on what year your truck is I would just buy a decent looking junk yard carpet or bite the bullet and just buy a new carpet. You may be fighting that smell for a long time if it is deep in the carpet pad.

Another thing you may do is take the carpet out and let it dry out in direct sunlight for a while.
          Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');