• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Paint on 1991 Corsica...Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Paint on 1991 Corsica...Question

Well I just got back my 1991 Corsica LT from the body shop turned out great. I took it in for a small little bubble on the drivers side door. They did an amazing job. Except for one little thing they had a bit of black overspray on the white because I also had new door handles put on, so I went back and told them so I watched them do it now they used some M600 product to remove the overspray and it did it very well, now the overspray was on the new paint!.

So when I got home I looked over the whole car real good and I found just a few specs of black overspray, so I thought to myself I don't really feel like going back there and bugging them so I used my bottle of Perfect-It lll Rubbing compound and went at it myself now on the door itself I was very soft but in the handles where the black specs were on the white part it was harder to get off so I had to be a little aggressive. I did this all by hand.

Now I'm really worried if my paint will cure good, seeing as how I touched new paint. Like will it be fine or would I have caused some problems now in the long run? Because I know your not suppose to screw around with new paint until after 3 months or so.

Hi 78_Caprice,

Perfect-It lll is wax and silicone free so you shouldn't have any problems.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thank goodness! thanks Mike for the fast reply I was just really worried.

So it doesn't matter that I was aggressive on some of the newly paint parts?

BTW it is a base/clear car.

Comment

Turns out I indeed found more a few more black specs this time I had to be a more aggressive very hard rubbing but they did come out.

Would I have shaven down the clear coat now? and would I have screwed up the curing of the brand new paint?

I used the same Perfect-It lll Rubbing Compound.

Answers would be greatly appreciated thank-you

Comment

I work at a bodyshop and they use the perfect it III compound with a buffer so do i for that matter but it takes alot to go through the clear. And thats if they even buffed it most shops dont. And it wont affect the paint curing at all dont even worry about that.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');