• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M105 VS Ultimate Compound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M105 VS Ultimate Compound?

I'm always needing more of a cut in the cars I do, but want to know just how much more aggressive M105 is. From pictures on the forum, the two products do a very similar job which is discouraging me to switch over to the more expensive M105.

What are everyone's thoughts when comparing these products? I use a DA by the way.

Re: M105 VS Ultimate Compound?

Originally posted by Simon777 View Post
    I'm always needing more of a cut in the cars I do, but want to know just how much more aggressive M105 is. From pictures on the forum, the two products do a very similar job which is discouraging me to switch over to the more expensive M105.

What are everyone's thoughts when comparing these products? I use a DA by the way.
    On my Mercedes, Ultimate Compound didn't want to touch many defects, even with enough passes to make my arms fall off.

M105 works so much better. I think it has significantly more cut, but without much danger when used correctly such as on a DA at the correct speed and a nice yellow polishing pad, so basically I think it's better to use. I've never had a problem from it (knock on wood), and it gets the job done better.

It does dust a lot though.

While UC does have amazing cut for a consumer product, it is still a consumer product, I consider M105 a significant upgrade from it.

Comment

Ultimate Compound has a longer working time IMO.
      Tedrow's Detailing
      845-642-1698
      Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

I prefer UC over M105. I find I can work UC for a longer period and it is much easier to wipe off. Plus it's always available and cheaper to buy. And honestly I find I can remove defects better with the UC than the 105. I use an orbital foloowed up with the DA.
        Professional Automotive Reconditioning Services
        "You scuff it-I buff it!"

Comment

i like m105 more than UC but have no real reasons for it. m105 is a bit more aggressive, but if you use the UC correctly you can get the same result normally. UC normally ends up LSP ready while m105 a lot of the time does, but not most of the time m205 is used.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');