• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Premium Detailed - Garry Dean - Tampa, FL - 1993 Ford F150 Flare Side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premium Detailed - Garry Dean - Tampa, FL - 1993 Ford F150 Flare Side

This is a 1993 Ford Flare side F150. It has been sitting in my clients’ yard for over 2 years. One day, about 2 months ago, I asked him if the truck ran and he told me it did when he parked it. He just didn’t need it anymore. That’s all he really said and so I began working on his daily driver that I was there to detail. Last month I was at his place again and before I left I taped a small spot off and got out my PC and some Megs m105 and polished to show him what kind of potential the truck had. He was blown away. Last week I was there again for a maintenance wash and to my surprise when I pulled up the truck was pulled out into the middle of the main section of the driveway with the hood up. He had gotten it running and installed a new battery. He told me to “go to town” with my buffer. This truck really turned out great. My client was very happy with the result (Even if he hadn’t told me a thousand times how happy he was, I sure figured it out when he wrote the check for $100 more than I asked him for). I really love working on single stage paint, especially when the end result is this dramatic. Here is the detail.

Exterior paint:

* ONR wash
    * Taped off all trim with 3M tape
    * Compounded with Makita rotary
    * Major painted areas were compounded with Wolfgang TSR and LC 6.5” Orange CCS
    * Smaller areas were hand compounded with Meguiars m105 and LC Orange hand pads
    * All chrome trim and bumpers were hand polished with Optimum Metal Polish and LC Orange hand pads
    * The entire vehicle was polished and sealed with Optimum Poli-seal with PCXP and 5.5” Green LC CCS pads
    * Exterior windows were cleaned with Meguiars Glass Cleaner Concentrate

Wheels and tires:
    * Wheels were cleaned with Muriatic acid due to extreme brake dust buildup
    * Tires were cleaned with purple Power
    * Wheels were polished with Optimum Metal Polish
    * Tires were dressed with Meguiars Hyper Dressing

Befores

Can you tell where I did a test spot with ONR?

My test section and 50/50

Here are some while I was hard at work

Making some progress

All of the major sections were finished here. I was hand polishing at this point

These wheels were really gross. The before pic is of the wheels after I tried to clean them with every wheel cleaner known to mankind. I had to resort to the tough stuff, Muriatic acid.

After Muriatic acid and OPT Metal Polish

Re: Premium Detailed - Garry Dean - Tampa, FL - 1993 Ford F150 Flare Side

Here is the rear bumper before and after OPT Metal Polish

Here are the afters, enjoy!

Thank you very much for looking!

Comment

Nice work. The truck looks great!
      Nick
      Tucker's Detailing Services
      815-954-0773
      2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
        Nice work. The truck looks great!

Thank you!

Comment

Awesome job! What a turnaround!
          Tedrow's Detailing
          845-642-1698
          Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Originally posted by coopers23 View Post
            Awesome job! What a turnaround!
            I do appreciate it!

Comment

That's awesome. I was amazed at the results you got on the wheels.

People that didn't know otherwise would think this was just a well maintained '93. Little do they know this thing was just dug up from the grave!

Very nice job.

Colin
              A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Originally posted by cnfowler View Post
                That's awesome. I was amazed at the results you got on the wheels.

People that didn't know otherwise would think this was just a well maintained '93. Little do they know this thing was just dug up from the grave!

Very nice job.

Colin

Thank you for the kind words!

Comment

Fantastic work! Great ressurection.
                  Tracy
                  765-413-7547
                  Autobritedetailing@gmail.com

Comment

Fantastic transformation. The truck looks great. Awesome results. It is no wonder the owner was thrilled. Way to go.
                    quality creates its own demand

Comment

I love seeing red transformed like that. Good job Premium! The owner must have been shocked.

Comment

Thanks for looking and I am glad you guys appreciate my work.

Comment

Very nice, too bad the owner was not concerned about the Truck as you where. Those wheels were indeed scarey.

Comment

Great Transformation!

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
                            Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Quite a change....easy to see why the owner was so happy....curious, how long did it take?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');