• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Washed, Clayed, Polished, Waxed, Finished product + Pictures. (20+)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washed, Clayed, Polished, Waxed, Finished product + Pictures. (20+)

Well here we are again. My baby got a little muddy and I didn't want to store it with any mud caked on while I'm away finishing up my deployment. I got a little carried away and turned it into an all day detail fiasco!
    Throughout my process I did come up with a few questions.

Question number one: I love the gold class car wash, but I'm still curious to see if there's anything better, per say. Any suggestions here?

Question number two: No matter what I seem to do, I end up with always finding some water left after drying, when applying a product with the G110v2. I usually stop and immediately clean the pad after this happens. Is that necessary?

Question number three: Today I got a bit creative and applied two different waxes. The first pass I used Meguiar’s Deep Crystal System Carnauba Wax ; (it smelled like artificial banana's, and was a bit harder to remove), and then topped it with NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0. I'm happy with the results, but I couldn't really tell a difference after adding the second layer of wax. Any input on this would be fantastic. Did I essentially just waste time and product?

Question number four: What is your favorite wax, and why?

Question number five: Meguiar’s Supreme Shine, What is this used for?

Anyway, sorry that you had to read through that to get to this. Picture time, over the last couple of days:

I wonder why my car got muddy...:

This was after todays 6 hour adventure.

Thanks for looking!
    Click for more pictures of my tC

Re: Washed, Clayed, Polished, Waxed, Finished product + Pictures. (20+)

Very nice! Great reflections!
    Tedrow's Detailing
    845-642-1698
    Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Great job man, i love how you can see the sky in the roof and hood :P.

Do you work in one of those windmills? Must be a funny job up there, pretty high uh?
        Ryan's Auto Detailing, S.A
        Mobile Auto Detailing Company.
        Dominican Republic.

Passion for Detailing, do it with love.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan_Bihun89 View Post
          Great job man, i love how you can see the sky in the roof and hood :P.

Do you work in one of those windmills? Must be a funny job up there, pretty high uh?

Yeah that was a great day to shoot!

Nope, no one actually works in them. I just live a few miles away and thought that it would be a great day for a shoot. I don't recall exact numbers but I want to say from base to tip of the blade when vertical is almost 300 feet.

Comment

Originally posted by paul.segovich View Post

Question number one: I love the gold class car wash, but I'm still curious to see if there's anything better, per say. Any suggestions here?
            A lot of Meguiar's customers are switching over to the new Ultimate Wash & Wax shampoo. Getting lots of good reports.

Other shampoos to consider: Griot's, DuraGloss 901

Question number two: No matter what I seem to do, I end up with always finding some water left after drying, when applying a product with the G110v2. I usually stop and immediately clean the pad after this happens. Is that necessary?
            I don't know if it's necessary (perhaps it depends on how much water the pad has exposed), but it seems wise to clean the pad on the fly.

Question number three: Today I got a bit creative and applied two different waxes. The first pass I used Meguiar’s Deep Crystal System Carnauba Wax ; (it smelled like artificial banana's, and was a bit harder to remove), and then topped it with NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0. I'm happy with the results, but I couldn't really tell a difference after adding the second layer of wax. Any input on this would be fantastic. Did I essentially just waste time and product?
            You're in good company. A lot of folks can't tell differences between waxes. But I don't think you wasted your time, because Meguiar's recommends two coats for uniform converage. Well, you got your two coats--plus, NXT will give you superior protection than Deep Crystal.

Question number four: What is your favorite wax, and why?
            I have several favorites:

Favorite Carnaubas:

Pinnacle Souveran: It leaves a warm glow on dark colors--it really does.
            Wolfgang Fuzion: Lovely wet look
            Harly Wax: easy to apply, warm, balanced look, economical

Favorite Synthetic Sealants

Blackfire Wet Diamond: easy to use, great gloss, slick finish, non-staining on trim. I'm afraid to say that my bottle of NXT was retired after I discovered BFWD.

Favorite Cleaner Waxes

ColorX
            M20 Polymer Sealant
            Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
            --Al Kimel

Comment

Originally posted by akimel View Post
              A lot of Meguiar's customers are switching over to the new Ultimate Wash & Wax shampoo. Getting lots of good reports.

Other shampoos to consider: Griot's, DuraGloss 901
              Hmm, I'll have to look into the Ultimate Wash & Wax.
              Why the switch?

I don't know if it's necessary (perhaps it depends on how much water the pad has exposed), but it seems wise to clean the pad on the fly.
              I'm sure that it's not hurting things to clean it on the fly.

You're in good company. A lot of folks can't tell differences between waxes. But I don't think you wasted your time, because Meguiar's recommends two coats for uniform converage. Well, you got your two coats--plus, NXT will give you superior protection than Deep Crystal.
              For what it's worth, I like the NXT 2.0 better, just because of the easy removal.

I have several favorites:

Favorite Carnaubas:

Pinnacle Souveran: It leaves a warm glow on dark colors--it really does.
              Wolfgang Fuzion: Lovely wet look
              Harly Wax: easy to apply, warm, balanced look, economical

Favorite Synthetic Sealants

Blackfire Wet Diamond: easy to use, great gloss, slick finish, non-staining on trim. I'm afraid to say that my bottle of NXT was retired after I discovered BFWD.

Favorite Cleaner Waxes

ColorX
              M20 Polymer Sealant
              The NXT seems easy to use, leaves a good gloss, slick finish, and it doesn't stain trim either. What, if you could be more specific, set this apart from the NXT wax?

Thank you so much for your input!

Comment

I did a little hunting and perhaps I'll pick up a jug of UWW for the winter washes with salt and road grime.

Comment

UW&W is nice, but probably not worth it if you will be detailing or spray waxing after.
                  2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Looks great. Nice work.
                    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Sexy little Scion you've got there.

In response to your questions that I have enough knowledge to answer:

3. Time to get a little technical. NXT Tech Wax isn't a traditional "wax", it's a synthetic sealant with no natural ingredients in it. Sealants tend to last longer than waxes but the shine they leave is highly reflective which some people don't like. To my knowledge Meguiars put the term "wax" on the packaging because it's a consumer line product and they didn't want to confuse customers by putting the term "paint sealant" on the package.

Deep Crystal Carnauba Wax is more like a traditional wax that's been around forever. Carnauba wax is a natural product harvested from a special tree in Brazil. It's used in many applications to give a warm glow and deep, wet-look shine. It's not just used in the automotive industry - go look at a package of M&Ms, Skittles, or any candy/chewing gum that has a shiny surface and I bet you'll see carnauba wax on the list of ingredients. The main drawback to carnauba waxes compared to paint sealants is that they don't last as long. What some enthusiasts will do is actually put on a layer of paint sealant like NXT, wait for it to dry, buff off and then put a carnauba wax over top of it. This not only ensures an even coat of wax, but also gives you the best of both worlds - the protection of a sealant, with the glow and shine of a carnauba.

In a nutshell, you didn't waste your time but this is the first I've heard of someone putting layer of sealant over a layer of carnauba. Next time try putting the NXT on first and then adding the carnauba wax after.

5. Supreme Shine towels can be used for many applications, such as removing dried wax, applying and removing interior dressings/cleaners, glass cleaners and quick detailers. They're made of quality synthetic microfibre material which is very soft, won't scratch the surface you're working on, and they trap dust and grime inside of its fibres instead of throwing it into the air. You can never have too many of these in your detailing toolbox.
                      Anybody can make a car look good with the right products.

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
                        UW&W is nice, but probably not worth it if you will be detailing or spray waxing after.
                        I'm more skeptical really. As I only do my personal vehicle while detailing the giant jug of Gold Class is going to last awhile. I'd hate to try UW&W and not like it as much, then be stuck with it for months.

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
                        Looks great. Nice work.
                        Thank you!

I really couldn't of done any of this without all of you guys and gals on here. I went over my car with a fine tooth comb today, and I can't find any defects, at all. I've washed it four times, going over the whole thing 5 times now with the DA Polisher, and there's not a flaw. Thank you again everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by StoneRaizer View Post
                          Sexy little Scion you've got there.
                          Thank you!

In response to your questions that I have enough knowledge to answer:

3. Time to get a little technical. NXT Tech Wax isn't a traditional "wax", it's a synthetic sealant with no natural ingredients in it. Sealants tend to last longer than waxes but the shine they leave is highly reflective which some people don't like. To my knowledge Meguiars put the term "wax" on the packaging because it's a consumer line product and they didn't want to confuse customers by putting the term "paint sealant" on the package.

Deep Crystal Carnauba Wax is more like a traditional wax that's been around forever. Carnauba wax is a natural product harvested from a special tree in Brazil. It's used in many applications to give a warm glow and deep, wet-look shine. It's not just used in the automotive industry - go look at a package of M&Ms, Skittles, or any candy/chewing gum that has a shiny surface and I bet you'll see carnauba wax on the list of ingredients. The main drawback to carnauba waxes compared to paint sealants is that they don't last as long. What some enthusiasts will do is actually put on a layer of paint sealant like NXT, wait for it to dry, buff off and then put a carnauba wax over top of it. This not only ensures an even coat of wax, but also gives you the best of both worlds - the protection of a sealant, with the glow and shine of a carnauba.

In a nutshell, you didn't waste your time but this is the first I've heard of someone putting layer of sealant over a layer of carnauba. Next time try putting the NXT on first and then adding the carnauba wax after.
                          Figures that I'd do it backwards haha. Thank you for clarifying!

5. Supreme Shine towels can be used for many applications, such as removing dried wax, applying and removing interior dressings/cleaners, glass cleaners and quick detailers. They're made of quality synthetic microfibre material which is very soft, won't scratch the surface you're working on, and they trap dust and grime inside of its fibres instead of throwing it into the air. You can never have too many of these in your detailing toolbox.
                          I think I named the wrong product, I'll go double check what I actually have.

Comment

It was really a ultimate wipe, Meguiar's Ultimate Wipe

I also have a blue MF towel. Any idea what that is?

I think ADS added them because of my large order, as I don't see them on my receipt, nor do I remember choosing to purchase them.

Comment

Great shots of your ride and the reflections are awesome.

I use to use the GC Car Soap and then switched over to NXT Wash. The NXT does wonders on my black paint. It looks like it's just been waxed when it hasn't. I can't find the NXT Wash in Wal Mart, so I"m going to get some from ADS. I will get about three 64 oz. jugs to make sure I'm set.
                              2016 Focus ST

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');