• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaning interior dash leather steering wheel and leather seats question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning interior dash leather steering wheel and leather seats question.

My goal is to clean the dash, leather steering wheel, and leather seats.

Will using Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer Cleaner for all three areas be ok?

But for the leather seats, should I just use the Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner and Conditioner by itself or use the Quik Interior Detailer Cleaner to clean first?

Is it safe to use the Leather Cleaner/COnditioner on the steering wheel also, or will it be too slick/unsafe?

Will both items provide UV protection?

I was thinking about buying Meguiar's All Purpose Cleaner (what's the difference between the green and the red Plus versions?), but will the Quik Interior Detailer Cleaner suffice?

Re: Cleaning interior dash leather steering wheel and leather seats question.

QID is a very mild product so if those surfaces that you want to clean are very dirty it could be that you won't be able to clean them 100%. QID is more of a maintenance product rather than deep clean and conditioning.

Meguiar's Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner/Conditioner is a one step. It provides UV protection as well. Using it on a steering wheel won't be unsafe. I usually use, for steering wheels, a microfiber towel than work in the product and wipe dry. Never had a problem with it.

Meguiar's APC is great for cleaning dirty surfaces, has good cleaning ability but it won't leave any protection behind so if you decide on getting this product it's recommended to get another product for conditioning and protection. If you are planning to use APC on leather then get a leather conditioner or even a one step cleaner/conditioner.

All Purpose Cleaner and All Purpose Cleaner Plus are practically the same, the difference is that All Purpose Cleaner has a foaming action while All Purpose Cleaner Plus won't offer this. The scent is different and I personally like APC+ more

Comment

everything's pretty clean, well i mean "not dirty" so i think the QID will suffice then. thanks!

is the APC good for cleaning carpet and a fabric cloth interior (04 Accord) with using an interior bristled brush? Would you say the APC scent is NOT nauseating at least?

Comment

Be careful using a quick detailer on your steering wheel or steering wheel cover. Some of them use a silicone and will make that steering wheel very slippery for the next few days (not good going through an intersection).
        Edmonton, AB
        Cars * Trucks * SUV's * Motorcycles * Semi's * RV's

Comment

I like clening the leather with APC.

For carpets I prefer APC+. It is a low foaming cleaner. Easier to extract.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

APC may be a little too strong for leather because it is known to dry the leather or remove its essential oils. I do use the APC on my leather and follow it with the cream (which I do love using) or the spray.

Comment

I've found the GC leather wipes to be excellent at removing tough dirt on leather interior. I've used the wipes for years to maintain my leather.. But it wasn't until I bought my most recent used Cadillac that I needed something to really clean some filth off the leather.. 1st I tried Lexol but found it to be too dry and not very good removing soiled in dirt.. So I tried the wipes and almost instantly saw my interior change back to proper color as layers of dirt came off the door panels, seats, dash, and especially the steering wheel. The only part I havnt been able to completely clean/revive is the center armrest. I love the GC wipes.

Comment

Depending on how dirty the dash determines what I use. If it's really dirty then I will use APC+ on the plastics and rubber and follow up with either ultimate protectant or natural shine. If the rubber and plastics are not that dirty then I will use QID as my base and follow up with either ultimate protectant or natural shine.

On the leather I use the leather sealer system. If you happen to use up the cleaner from the leather sealer system, the gold class leather & vinyl cleaner is a nice substitute.
                99 Grand Prix
                02 Camaro SS

Comment

QID is my go-to product for all but really grimy interior cleaning. It removes grime from the steering wheel quite well and it does leave behind UV protection. QID also is good on NAV screens. It adds zero gloss so no glare on the dash.
                  Jim
                  My Gallery

Comment

A damp cloth with a mild soap like saddle soap. Not because the saddle soap is useful on coated leather, but I have it on hand. Buff with a microfiber, and no stickiness, no awful shine, and it smells good.

Comment

Originally posted by Blueline View Post
                      A damp cloth with a mild soap like saddle soap. Not because the saddle soap is useful on coated leather, but I have it on hand. Buff with a microfiber, and no stickiness, no awful shine, and it smells good.
                      Hey Blueline I don't mean to be disrespectful but I read an article on AG about saddle soap and how it shouldn't really be used. Maybe it's an old article or maybe there are different saddle soap products that are really good, I don't know, but I thought I might pass it along. Take care!

Auto Detailing Tools - Auto Detailing Supplies for the Trade Back in the day, when we were a little less experienced (OK, a lot!), we focused solely on finding the ultimate product for the jobwhich car wax lasted longest, shone the most, gave the ...

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');