• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leather care

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leather care

I have an 02 X sport with grey leather seats. They have wear and tear cracking on the drivers side mostly, as previous owners didn't try and keep them nice. I would like to know some good cleaning and more importantly conditioning products etc. I've tried Armour all but it makes them more slippery then anything. Which is fine for the rear as I they aren't used often. It is my DD so something that gives a softer supple feel is ideal. Where would I find these products in canada?
    09 Ford Explorer Limited AWD

Re: Leather care

Well, the Gold Class Cleaner and Conditioner Lotion or Gel should be able to be found somewhere there. Those would be a good start.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
      Well, the Gold Class Cleaner and Conditioner Lotion or Gel should be able to be found somewhere there. Those would be a good start.
      +1

I was in the same boat with my previous truck, cracking, etc. from lack of care. I started using Gold Class Cleaner & Conditioner lotion and I must say they didn't deterorate much more in the 4 years I had the truck. Not to mention the lotion smells GREAT!!

I use the lotion monthly and the wipes for a quick wipedown at least once a week or more often if needed. If they aren't soiled and you keep up on a weekly/monthly regimen, you shouldn't need anything else.

If they are soiled, I believe you can use some lightly diluted APC on them, and be sure to follow up with the lotion.

I'm not exactly sure where to find the products in Canada, but I've found the lotion at my local Walmart before, or an auto parts store.

Try this:
      Kyla | 2006 Z71 Chevy Tahoe | 1986 Chevy Blazer dragster | 1951 Mercury coupe

Comment

Went to 3 different chains a large wal mart, large crappy tire and a small parts source and none had leather conditioner in a lotion paste. It was only spray bottle and wipes, the only bottle was armour all which I already have and don't like.

Comment

The spray is ok for touchups, not a fan of the wipes.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I didn't want wipes either there is barely any product in them to make a difference, I need something thicker that can penetrate it.

Comment

Now, what I've just become accustomed to using is a product called Leatherique. It's quite expensive, but completely restores your leather. However, I've only used it on my Jag, which has completely different leather than a Ford. Jaguar used Connolly leather in my Jaguar which is completely different than the leather in my mother's 1999 Expedition.

Comment

I like the GC cleaner and conditioner. Try Some other places. You will really like it.
                quality creates its own demand

Comment

For really soiled leather, I love Meguiars all purpose cleaner, agitated with a shoe polish brush. I doubted its effectiveness, until I actually tried APC. It's fantastic, especially if cleaner/conditioners just don't cut it. However, you do need to follow with a good conditioner as APC doesn't have any nutritive oils.
                  "Cars make great banks but they don't pay interest"

Comment

Originally posted by FastFish71 View Post
                    For really soiled leather, I love Meguiars all purpose cleaner, agitated with a shoe polish brush.
                    Highly diluted of course. Probably 7:1 or 10:1.

Comment

Originally posted by tcope1 View Post
                      Highly diluted of course. Probably 7:1 or 10:1.
                      Yeah, I always use 10:1 for leather.
                      "Cars make great banks but they don't pay interest"

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');