• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help with buffing fiberglass motorcycle tank (just gelcoat)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with buffing fiberglass motorcycle tank (just gelcoat)

I have a fiberglass motorcycle tank that is finished in a nice glossy black gelcoat... Instead of painting it, i decided to keep the gelcoat for now this riding season (side question: is painting it black over the black gelcoat a better option if i want to keep black look longterm, or keeping gelcoat is fine ?).

Anyway, my superbike handlebars are a bit low and the throttle cable scratched up the tank a lil on the side ( btw I put electric black tape where my throttle cable comes out so it doesnt scratch anymore when parking the bike with 'extreme' right turns where it hits the tank slightly)...

I was curious how to buff those scratched areas out?
    Maybe wet-sand the tank where scratched and use some sort of gelcoat polish/wax or sealant?
    I use alot of Meguiars products, but if i need something else, let me know (as i was thinking fiberglass/gelcoat seems to be more up marine product's ally).

Thanks!
Working...
X
gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');