• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2007 Chrysler 300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Chrysler 300

2007 Chrysler 300, another basic detail. Very low mileage and was in pretty bad shape to be honest. The wheels and leather required the most attention.

A few befores:

Wash wheels, tires, and wells with Deep Crystal Car Wash, All Purpose Cleaner, and several brushes.

Wash car with #62 - Car Wash Shampoo and Conditioner and liberal amounts of Body Solvent on the bugs.

After I washed and dried the car I detailed the trunk and trunk jambs, i used #135 - Synthetic Spray Detailer on all the jambs and just vacummed the trunk.

Interior was cleaned with All Purpose Cleaner and dressed with Quik Interior Detailer, including the leather.

The driver's seat was the worst, I had to use a small shot of Super Degreaser to get it completly clean, dont try this as it may stain the leather. I just did it since it there was really no other way to get it to come clean.

I lightly clayed the car, then applied a coat #20 - Polymer Sealant vwith the PC at speed 4, used several W8207 pads as well. I then followed that with an application of #135 - Synthetic Spray Detailer. The wheels were cleaned with a terry cloth and Hot Rims Chrome Polish, then sealed with #135 - Synthetic Spray Detailer. Tires and wells were dressd with All Season Dressing, glass was cleaned with Glass Cleaner Concentrate at 10:1.

The matt is clean, it looks dirty though since its fluffed up and in the dark:

Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Re: 2007 Chrysler 300

Nice little refresh, especially that drivers seat. It looks good.

Thanks for taking the time to provide the product links in your post. It certainly makes my life easier and gives me a much better understanding of the features/benefits of each of the products.

How well do you like that Body Solvent? Does a little bit of product go a long way? If you had access to a pressure washer, would you try to wash the bugs off first and then apply to the remaining bugs parts, or is this a super product that once it soaks the bugs they come off like butter.

Comment

Looks fantastic, Nick. Was this another of the Doctors, appreciation details?
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Looks awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Bandit Bill View Post
          Nice little refresh, especially that drivers seat. It looks good.

Thanks for taking the time to provide the product links in your post. It certainly makes my life easier and gives me a much better understanding of the features/benefits of each of the products.

How well do you like that Body Solvent? Does a little bit of product go a long way? If you had access to a pressure washer, would you try to wash the bugs off first and then apply to the remaining bugs parts, or is this a super product that once it soaks the bugs they come off like butter.
          Thank you Bill.

I really like Body Solvent. I tend to spray Body Solvent on pretty heavily so it will be a little more effective, the key is to let it dwell on the surface though. After cleaning the wheels, tires, and wells and rinsing the car down, I spray the Body Solvent on the front of the vehicle and rocker panels. I then wash the car from the top down and scrub the bugs and tar off with a seperate wash mitt.

I generally do not use a pressure washer unless I really have to,

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
          Looks fantastic, Nick. Was this another of the Doctors, appreciation details?
          Thanks J.A, yes this was another employee detail.

Originally posted by aris View Post
          Looks awesome
          Thank you aris.
          Nick
          815-954-0773

Comment

Excellent work Nick. Looks great!
            Don
            "In the game of life, I have no need for tickets on the 50-yard line, I brought my shoes, I came to play." unknown

http://www.facebook.com/pages/OC-Det...7770507?v=wall

Comment

Great job!
              Shane
              1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Dayum! You made that Vanilla look yummy. Nice work. Are those wheels chrome or chrome clad? I looked at an SRT8 300C in Inferno Red Crystal Pearl, but my wife told me it was an old man's car! I think she sometimes forgets I'm an old man.. but anyway the 300C's I looked at last spring had chrome clad wheels. The SRT8 had 20" clear coated wheels, me liked!
                2014 Cadillac ATS4 Performance in White Diamond Tricoat. It's loaded with everything but frickin' lasers!

Comment

Originally posted by gto_don View Post
                  Excellent work Nick. Looks great!
                  Thanks Don!

Originally posted by CieraSL View Post
                  Great job!
                  Thank you.

Originally posted by paulcr39 View Post
                  Dayum! You made that Vanilla look yummy. Nice work. Are those wheels chrome or chrome clad? I looked at an SRT8 300C in Inferno Red Crystal Pearl, but my wife told me it was an old man's car! I think she sometimes forgets I'm an old man.. but anyway the 300C's I looked at last spring had chrome clad wheels. The SRT8 had 20" clear coated wheels, me liked!
                  Thanks Paul, I am pretty sure they were chrome clad, they cleaned up nicely though. No stains or pitting on them at all after I used Hot Rims Chrome Polish.
                  Nick
                  815-954-0773

Comment

Looks sweet!
                    -James
                    2012 Chevy Silverado ECSB. Z71 4x4. 5.3

Comment

Great work Nick! That seat turned out 100x better!
                      Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by Golden View Post
                        Looks sweet!
                        Thanks Golden.

Originally posted by RaskyR1 View Post
                        Great work Nick! That seat turned out 100x better!
                        Thanks Rasky.

As soon as I started agitating the Super Degreaser, brown liquid started lifting up from the seat. The leather not only looks much better, but feels better as well.
                        Nick
                        815-954-0773

Comment

Nice work once again Nick.
                          Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
                          www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
                          Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment