• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supreme Shine towels shed as bad as the cat!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supreme Shine towels shed as bad as the cat!!!

I ordered 2 three packs of Supreme Shine towels direct from Meguiars.com about a month or so ago and initially they performed great with no issue. Since then they have all begun to shed whenever they are used for wipedown with detailer (UQD,QD) or during wax removal (NXT2.0,UQW or GC). I've followed proper laundering with a detergent free of additives in warm water and cold rinsing along with a low heat tumble dry. At this point I'm forced to resort to using other towels in my supply. The main reasons I purchased the SS was because of their size (16" x 24" vs. the standard 16" square of other brands) and their overwhelming praise by other people on the Meguiars message board. I don't know what recourse I should/can take as they have been used and washed several times (they're in the wash right now in a last attempt to eliminate the shedding) so returning them is most likely out of the question. I would ask however, that the powers that be look into this and try and remedy the problem. I appreciate your time for reading this.

Mike

Re: Supreme Shine towels shed as bad as the cat!!!

Call up Meguiars Customer Service. I am sure they will help you if there truly is a defect with the towels.
    Tedrow's Detailing
    845-642-1698
    Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Never heard of or experienced this problem. Give customer care a call on Monday. Maybe they can "shed" some light on it.

Pun intended, could not resist. lol
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

I have had the same problem, weather i use it on the paint, glass, or interior and it leaves little yellow fibers behind. I've only had this problem with the SS towel that came in the smooth surface clay kit. The ones i ordered from ADS are great.

Comment

I've got several other brands of towels and aside from the Griots Speed Shine towels these are the only others that shed on anything they touch whether wet or dry, and they came direct from Meguiars. I'll try to give them a call today.

Comment

Mongoose,

Thank you for contacting us. Sorry to hear of your frustrating experience. As you have read we hear primarily great things about our Supreme Shine micro fiber towels. Please contact us at (800) 347-5700 and let the rep know about this thread and my reply. We want to make sure you get some towels that will live up to your expectations.

Secondly, we would love to see those towels. It's tough for us to diagnose a problem without seeing good pictures or in this case getting our hands on the product. If you would be willing to send these towels back to us we would greatly appreciate it.
            Brian Hann
            Manager - Meguiar's Solutions Hub
            Meguiar's Inc.
            Irvine, California
            bhann@meguiars.com
            (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

I just spoke with Blake and the towels will be on their way back to you first thing tomorrow morning. Many thanks with your help with this.

Michael Webb

Comment

Brian, could you check to see if the towels I shipped back to you have made it? Thanks.

Comment

I just spoke with Blake and he confirmed that he has given them to our Quality Assurance Manager and made a replacement order to get you new towels. Thank you for sending them in for us to take a look at.
                  Brian Hann
                  Manager - Meguiar's Solutions Hub
                  Meguiar's Inc.
                  Irvine, California
                  bhann@meguiars.com
                  (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');