• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT and Auto Butler Paint Protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT and Auto Butler Paint Protection

I just purchased a 2004 Dark Metallic Green Tahoe two weeks ago. The dealership included the Auto Butler Paint Protection program with the lease. Every 6 months, I am supposed to bring the car in for 3 to 5 hours so that can completly detail the car and re-apply the sealant? I really don't know anything about the Auto Butler but they say the paint is guaranteed as long as I bring it in every 6 months.

My question is: Will NXT interfere with the Auto Butler program. I was told it is ok to wax but since NXT is a synthetic sealant I wanted to make sure because the NXT looks and sounds great.

The Tahoe does have some minor swirling from the detailing at the dealership. What products do you recommend for a 2 week old car.

Thanks

breynol,

I would recommend keeping it AWAY from the dealership! lol Those people really can mess up the paint. So many people have had there cars detailed or should I say swirled by the dealerships. If the swirling is minor, I would try Scratchx. If you have marks that are a little deeper...try #9 Swirl Remover. I had some scratches on my 2001 Tundra that came out to my amazement with the #9. As for the NXT wax, I would put on a coat of Deep Crystal Polish first. Then I would put a coat of NXT on. I have a silver 2002 4runner that looks incredible now. I also clayed it before the polish. It is smooth as glass now. If your paint is not smooth to the touch after you wash it, I would give it a good claying.

Good luck with the Tahoe.
    Ronnette

Comment

Re: NXT and Auto Butler Paint Protection

Originally posted by breynol
      I just purchased a 2004 Dark Metallic Green Tahoe two weeks ago. The dealership included the Auto Butler Paint Protection program with the lease. Every 6 months, I am supposed to bring the car in for 3 to 5 hours so that can completely detail the car and re-apply the sealant? I really don't know anything about the Auto Butler but they say the paint is guaranteed as long as I bring it in every 6 months.

My question is: Will NXT interfere with the Auto Butler program. I was told it is ok to wax but since NXT is a synthetic sealant I wanted to make sure because the NXT looks and sounds great.

The Tahoe does have some minor swirling from the detailing at the dealership. What products do you recommend for a 2 week old car.

Thanks
      No, NXT will not interfere with the Auto Butler program, it will maintain your car's finish and any work they have previously performed. It may in fact improve upon it.

I agree with what Ronnette wrote also, that is to be wary of letting Dealerships detail your car. I see more horror stories on the Internet about swirled and scratched up messes coming back from a dealership than I do praise and compliments about the detailing work being peformed at dealerships.

Because it's a lease, I don't know that it matters. Do they charge you anything for the Auto Butler program?

NXT Tech Wax is a synthetic paint protectant, but both natural wax, synthetic wax, and polymer type products all fall into a category called, Paint Protectants. That is these products act to protect the finish by acting as a sacrificial barrier to prevent anything that comes into contact with the paint from attacking the paint, or deteriorating it. In essence, the wax, (or paint protectant), gives up itself, so your paint doesn't have to.

Mike
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');