• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'08 STS-V Major Paint Correction: Rasky's Auto Detailing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: '08 STS-V Major Paint Correction: Rasky's Auto Detailing

Wow, not a good week for the caddy. Today my mom backed into it and left a 5" long scratch on the passenger door. I haven't seen it yet but they both told me that it didn't dent the car and some of it flaked off when they tried to rub it with their fingers. I'm going over there tomorrow to check it out....

Comment

Originally posted by N8Dogg98 View Post
      Wow, not a good week for the caddy. Today my mom backed into it and left a 5" long scratch on the passenger door. I haven't seen it yet but they both told me that it didn't dent the car and some of it flaked off when they tried to rub it with their fingers. I'm going over there tomorrow to check it out....

Ouch! That ***** man! Talk to me before he brings it anywhere to have work done on it....you don't want the body shop messing up the rest of the car (which they will likely do!).
      Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by RaskyR1 View Post
        Ouch! That ***** man! Talk to me before he brings it anywhere to have work done on it....you don't want the body shop messing up the rest of the car (which they will likely do!).
        Oh for sure man. I stopped by and saw it yesterday. It really isn't that bad. It's about 5" long and maybe 2mm wide and it isn't all the way through the clear. Just left a flat black line. I hit it with Meguiars cleaner wax to wipe away the transferred paint and from 10' away you can hardly tell.

Dad said he'll probably get in touch with you again next spring. The scratch is subtle enough where I doubt it would even need wet-sanding (of course I'm no expert, lol). I also saw it in the sun yesterday and there are definitely some minor wash induced swirls from the dealership, so it sounds like he'll probably have you correct those again as well.

Thanks again Rasky, you did an awesome job correcting the paint on that thing. I'm sure you'll have no problem bringing it back to perfection

Comment

Originally posted by N8Dogg98 View Post
          Oh for sure man. I stopped by and saw it yesterday. It really isn't that bad. It's about 5" long and maybe 2mm wide and it isn't all the way through the clear. Just left a flat black line. I hit it with Meguiars cleaner wax to wipe away the transferred paint and from 10' away you can hardly tell.

Dad said he'll probably get in touch with you again next spring. The scratch is subtle enough where I doubt it would even need wet-sanding (of course I'm no expert, lol). I also saw it in the sun yesterday and there are definitely some minor wash induced swirls from the dealership, so it sounds like he'll probably have you correct those again as well.

Thanks again Rasky, you did an awesome job correcting the paint on that thing. I'm sure you'll have no problem bringing it back to perfection
          Right on. Should be able to bring it back with a 1-step if it's not to bad.

I remember you saying you had a polisher so if you want to borrow some pads and polish I could hook you up and help you with any questions you may have...that way you could also make a few bucks.

I have my house up for sale right now so I'm not sure whether or not I'll have a place to detail next year. I moved in with my wife after the wedding and currently we only have a small 1-stall garage, which would be difficult to work out of. A large addition is planned but not for about 2 years.

Keep me posted,

Rasky
          Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

I don't know how I missed this thread, but, once again, great work Rasky! Jeff and I have been hit ALOT lately with the SHRIDS...I love the term and will now worgle it into my vocab. I love the customer service you've provided in this thread. I think that when you're the guy getting paid and you're willing to help the customer maintain it themselves it speaks alot about your attitude towards this obsession. It's about the relationship with the client and helping them to maintain their pride and joy.

Great job!
            The power of the flex compells you!!!

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');