• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'08 STS-V Major Paint Correction: Rasky's Auto Detailing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: '08 STS-V Major Paint Correction: Rasky's Auto Detailing

GREAT job just doesn't seem to be enough! So how about GREAT GREAT job Chad?!?!
    Don
    "In the game of life, I have no need for tickets on the 50-yard line, I brought my shoes, I came to play." unknown

http://www.facebook.com/pages/OC-Det...7770507?v=wall

Comment

Originally posted by Marcki View Post
      Amazing, Rasky! Wow!
      Thank you!

Originally posted by DetailFreak517 View Post
      Awesome work on an awesome car!
      Thanks! I'd love to have one myself some day!

Originally posted by Hemin8r View Post
      Nicely done once again Chad. I guess I've had my share of "SHRIDS" including the CTS-V I recently worked on.
      Thanks Jesse!

Did you also find the paint to be hard on these cars? The '05 CTS-V I did also seemed pretty hard. I've just seen other say that Cadillac paint is soft but IMO it seemed difficult do get any major correction from foam pads and a DA.

Originally posted by gto_don View Post
      GREAT job just doesn't seem to be enough! So how about GREAT GREAT job Chad?!?!
      LOL! Thanks Don!
      Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by RaskyR1 View Post
        Thanks Jesse!

Did you also find the paint to be hard on these cars? The '05 CTS-V I did also seemed pretty hard. I've just seen other say that Cadillac paint is soft but IMO it seemed difficult do get any major correction from foam pads and a DA.
        I would have to say it was on the harder side. I did work the majority of the paint with the G110 and an orange pad with 105. some sections did require rotory work. I've had more PITA paint compared to this last one.
        Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
        www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
        Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

Chad, Fantastic work. The paint looks so deep and reflective. The STS looks awesome. Great work as usual.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by Hemin8r View Post
            I would have to say it was on the harder side. I did work the majority of the paint with the G110 and an orange pad with 105. some sections did require rotory work. I've had more PITA paint compared to this last one.
            Yeah...think I've had a few that were harder to work on that this one too.

Thanks for the reply buddy.

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
            Chad, Fantastic work. The paint looks so deep and reflective. The STS looks awesome. Great work as usual.
            Thanks JAM!

FYI guys,

I bumped up the exposure in the 50/50 shots as they seemed a little dark and under exposed which poorly reflected the difference....should be better now.

Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

They must have washed that car with a brillo pad.

Great work!

All I can say is
              -Bob
              NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

Looks really good! What's under the hood of that beast?

I like your tip about opening the trunk lid. Thanks!
                Mark

Comment

As always, I envy your black car skills!
                  My automotive related blog! http://hereishowiviewthings.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by wwcleancars View Post

The LS9
                    My automotive related blog! http://hereishowiviewthings.blogspot.com/

Comment

Great turnaround Chad! The paint was pretty hammered, good to know its back to being "black". Hopefully it stays that way. LOL
                      Learning new things everyday

Comment

Originally posted by RDVT4ME View Post
                        They must have washed that car with a brillo pad.

Great work!

All I can say is
                        Thanks Bob!

Originally posted by wwcleancars View Post

Thank you!

This car has the 4.4L supercharged LC3 motor. In 2009 the Cadillac CTS-V recieved a tamed version of the LS9 found in the new ZR-1 Corvette....that's if you call 556-hp tamed!

Originally posted by 1970judge View Post
                        As always, I envy your black car skills!
                        Thank you!

Originally posted by TimG View Post
                        Great turnaround Chad! The paint was pretty hammered, good to know its back to being "black". Hopefully it stays that way. LOL

Thanks Tim! I'm confident the owner will keep her looking nice!
                        Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

My dad took the V into the dealership for service last week and they washed it Haven't seen it in the sun yet so we'll see.

He's asked them in the past not to wash it, but I guess he forgot to tell them this time. Hopefully the damage isn't too bad. He's done such a great job washing it correctly and keeping it protected too... will be real shame if the dealership screwed up the paint.

Comment

Originally posted by N8Dogg98 View Post
                            My dad took the V into the dealership for service last week and they washed it Haven't seen it in the sun yet so we'll see.

He's asked them in the past not to wash it, but I guess he forgot to tell them this time. Hopefully the damage isn't too bad. He's done such a great job washing it correctly and keeping it protected too... will be real shame if the dealership screwed up the paint.
                            Man that ***** Nate! In the rare occasion where I have to bring my car into the dealer, I now place a sign on the dash that says DO NOT WASH, as well as having them note it in the system. Hopefully they didn't do any damage, but if they did give me a call and I can set you up with the right pads and products to polish her back out.

Rasky
                            Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by RaskyR1 View Post
                              Man that ***** Nate! In the rare occasion where I have to bring my car into the dealer, I now place a sign on the dash that says DO NOT WASH, as well as having them note it in the system. Hopefully they didn't do any damage, but if they did give me a call and I can set you up with the right pads and products to polish her back out.

Rasky
                              Thanks Chad! He detailed it with some Meg's UQD and said they actually did a pretty good job washing it. However, we'll never know until we can see it in the sun or if we get out the halo's. I was really disappointed to hear about it...

Good thing he took it in though. The water pump for the supercharger coolant went out. He had a slow leak on the garage floor and didn't know what it was. They ended up replacing the pump and refilling the intercooler coolant. He said she ran like a scalded dog when he picked it up from the dealer. I'm sure that supercharger had been getting mighty hot and the caddy had to pull lots of timing to keep from detonating. Thank goodness nothing was wrecked.... compressing to 12 PSI creates a lot of heat!!!!

Thanks again for the help Chad!

Comment

Very nice work. Inspiring.

Once again, I'm amazed at what can be done by a talented person with the right tools and products.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');