• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Product suggestion: Carnauba spray wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Product suggestion: Carnauba spray wax

I would like to make a new product suggestion if I may. I would like to see Meguiar's come out with a carnauba-based spray wax, similar in function and ease of use to Ultimate Quik Wax, but carnauba-based rather than synthetic based. My reasoning: if you are a regular user of a product such as NXT 2.0, you can use UQW to keep that synthetic sealant look. However, if you are a regular user of a product such as M26 or Gold Class, you would use the carnauba spray wax to keep the carnauba look, rather than perhaps losing some of that look in using a synthetic spray. I realize Quik Wax is carnauba-based, but it is not as popular as UQW simply because it is harder to use and doesn't have that wow factor with it.

Autogeek makes and sells Pinnacle Souveran paste and Liquid Souveran, which are both carnauba waxes, as well as Signature Series II. Users of these products have the option of maintaining that LSP with Pinnacle Crystal Mist (carnauba based quick detailer) and/or Pinnacle Souveran liquid spray wax (carnauba spray wax). This keeps the carnauba look. For users of Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 (synthetic sealant) and/or Wolfgang Fuzion (hybrid wax) they can do maintenance with Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant (synthetic spray wax) and/or Wolfgang Instant Detail Spritz (synthetic spray detailer). Or they can use something else if they desire, but the products were created with this system in mind.

I realize Pinnacle and Wolfgang are two product lines, but the principle is the same - maintenance products designed to maintain the look of the original LSP. Just a thought. Don't get me wrong, I adore Ultimate Quik Wax, but I felt I should throw that out there. Thanks!
    Shane
    1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Re: Product suggestion: Carnauba spray wax

Your idea makes sense. Has a lot of merit.
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Great point man!

+1.

That would be a good idea.
      Ryan's Auto Detailing, S.A
      Mobile Auto Detailing Company.
      Dominican Republic.

Passion for Detailing, do it with love.

Comment

The original Quik Wax is not too bad, I have used it a few times. It works.
        Nick
        Tucker's Detailing Services
        815-954-0773
        2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
          The original Quik Wax is not too bad, I have used it a few times. It works.
          So does Turtle Wax. Doesn't mean I'm gonna use it. I used Quik Wax one time and took it back. Did not impress me at all. I'd like to see an Ultimate Carnauba Quik Wax.
          Shane

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Ive been legit to Meguiar's since the very 1st day i became in love with detailing. Ive never used other brand of products and not even planning to use it in a far future.

Why is it that we all love carnauba wax?

Still, im in love with NXT 2.0
            Dominican Republic.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan_Bihun89 View Post
              Ive been legit to Meguiar's since the very 1st day i became in love with detailing. Ive never used other brand of products and not even planning to use it in a far future.

Why is it that we all love carnauba wax?

Still, im in love with NXT 2.0
              I use other products in addition to Meguiar's, and very good products at that. But I think the thing that I like the most about Meguiar's is the fact that anyone, regardless of their skill level, whether novice or pro, can buy great products and get amazing results at an affordable price. I'll be honest with you, I don't know how they do it! Sure is nice to have a great company like Meguiar's to rely on!
              Shane

Comment

Originally posted by CieraSL View Post
                I use other products in addition to Meguiar's, and very good products at that. But I think the thing that I like the most about Meguiar's is the fact that anyone, regardless of their skill level, whether novice or pro, can buy great products and get amazing results at an affordable price. I'll be honest with you, I don't know how they do it! Sure is nice to have a great company like Meguiar's to rely on!
                Thats for sure my brother. i live in DR and is really hard to get Meg's products here and i have to order them online and have them shipped to DR wich cost me a lot of money, but is nothing compared to the satisfaction i get from a customer and myself after i see the job done.

Its true i have used other products besides the Meguiars but only because arent really important so no need to order them.T hings like the 32oz bottles, brushes , etc.. you can get those in any hardware store here in DR.

Now my Big next step is to buy a Used G110 or a Brand New G110v2

But i support what you say, Meg's are easy to use and affordable my everyone.

Oh BTW,
                i only get Meguiars as detailing products here in DR besides Armor All and Turtle Wax.
                Last edited by Ryan_Bihun89; Apr 3, 2010, 09:07 PM. Reason: Forgot to say the last thing.
                Dominican Republic.

Comment

Originally posted by CieraSL View Post
                  So does Turtle Wax. Doesn't mean I'm gonna use it. I used Quik Wax one time and took it back. Did not impress me at all. I'd like to see an Ultimate Carnauba Quik Wax.

The only thing about the Quik Wax I did not like was that it is not as easy to use as Ultimate Quik Wax.
                  Nick
                  815-954-0773

Comment

The only thing about the Quik Wax I did not like was that it is not as easy to use as Ultimate Quik Wax.
                    That's why Meguiar's makes so many products - everybody stays happy. I'm not a fan of NXT car wash or Gold Class wax, but I know there are lots of people on here, including you, who love those products and use them regularly. And you know what? That is OK.
                    Shane

Comment

Shane

Comment

Just curious, how come you are not so much a fan of NXT Car Wash?

Was the cleaning power harsh on your LSP?
                        Nick
                        815-954-0773

Comment

Just curious, how come you are not so much a fan of NXT Car Wash?

Was the cleaning power harsh on your LSP?
                          Just didn't care for it. Not saying it's a bad soap, just not for me. I have some Deep Crystal car wash as well, and while I am using what I have (I typically use it before polishing, etc.), it's certainly not my favorite either. I love Ultimate Wash and Wax and Shampoo Plus, and Gold Class would come in second.
                          Shane

Comment

Anybody else have an opinion on this? Anybody think it's a good idea? Why or why not? Come on guys, help me out here!
                            Shane

Comment

Sorry for the reply 5 years later 😂. But from personal experience and product descriptions I think gold class quik wax and the quik wax from the original line would both be well suited to compliment a carnauba wax look. Both seem to deepen and darken the paint and even say so in the product descriptions. As far as ease of use...it's a spray wax! I've yet to find a spray wax that is difficult or time consuming to use

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');