• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you use pressure washer???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many of you use pressure washer???

Hi,

Was just wondering how many of you detailers use pressure washer ? I am thinking about getting a pressure washer but not sure which one to get. Do I go with new electric one or a use gas power one? My budget is around $2000

thanks

Re: How many of you use pressure washer???

Correction my budget is $200

Comment

My budget for car items should be zero since I can't make much money (school gets in the way). But, I do a detail job here and there, watch someone's pet for a week or 2 and can have some money to spend.

I wouldn't use a pressure washer anyway. I remember reading on another forum that you should think of your car's paint as the skin on your face; if you were to blast water at your face and then scrub it with a brush, your face would never look good. I follow this logic so I don't use a pressure washer on my paint. However, I would use it on my tires, wheels and underbody.

Actually, I think some CVS locations carry the As Seen on TV pressure washer for $40 I think. I don't know how long it would last but its an idea.
      Tedrow's Detailing
      845-642-1698
      Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

I got a very mild pressure washer from Karcher, and it is very good since it is not strong and the pressure is fully adjusted, I do recommend it.

Oh, and it says to never let it as close as 5 inches from the vehicle' s paint, since it would remove your wax and all.

Comment

Well the main reason why i want a pressure washer is to use a foam cannon gun with it.

Comment

Ah, that changes my opinion then. Now I say go for it!
            Tedrow's Detailing
            845-642-1698
            Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Originally posted by bored7one4 View Post
              Well the main reason why i want a pressure washer is to use a foam cannon gun with it.
              Go for it man. If you must know, even holding the normal knozzle 5in from your foot doesn't hurt my foot (1750psi is what I own). You have to be super close to be feeling anything. If you switch to the one that fires in a circular shape however, enjoy the pain! It will hurt at almost any distance closer than 1ft
              Hello, I am Isaac

Comment

You don't need a pressure washer to use a foam gun. Many of them are used with a regular garden hose...check out ADS.
                There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?

Comment

i own and use a pressure washer, however not every time i wash a vehicle. I used a pressure washer on my vehicles about a week and a half ago, coming out of winter, to aid in removing as much road salt etc as i could before washing, but i washed again today and used only my firemans nozzle. I will use pressure washer on any heavily soiled vehicles paint to achieve as much rinsing as possible before attempting to wash with a mitt.
                  Zach Hall

2001.5 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel - DD/Tow rig
                  1983 Chevy C10 - Race/Show rig
                  1939 Dodge D11 Luxury Liner Deluxe - Antique resto. project

Comment

I have the Gilmour Foamaster Gun and wasn't really impress. Im looking for thick foam that will stick to the car.

anyone one know which foamgun is best use for pressure washer?

Comment

I have the Gilmour Foamaster Gun and wasn't really impress. Im looking for thick foam that will stick to the car.

anyone one know which foamgun is best use for pressure washer?
                      Buy the one from Polished Bliss. I'd rather buy the real one from the UK as opposed to the Autogeek one
                      Hello, I am Isaac

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');