• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G110v2 vs G220v1 vs UDMv1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G110v2 vs G220v1 vs UDMv1

My impatience really got to me... just purchased G110v2 after knowing G220v2 won't be released in my area anytime soon. I've had the luxury in trying the PC7424, owned a UDM and G220 before. I've to say that this G110v2 is a beast compared to G220..not even close in power (sorry G220 owner, but this is the way i feel personally). With UDM, the G110v2 is slightly superior.

Now i haven't tried full detail work with the G220 or G110v2, just waxing job since it's still a month or two before summer comes. However let me say this.. G220 bogged down a lot, I had to put it on speed dial 4-5 when I put 10-15pounds of pressure to have it rotate again. Not necessary for waxing to put it on 4-5, but I feel frustated when I put it on 3 and it stopped rotating. I did not feel the excitement that I had like when I bought my UDM the first time... even considered to go back.

With G110v2... even with speed dial 1, the pad is still moving.. .need to say more? Tried it with several enthusiasts and mostly they feel the same, the power on this unit is amazing...and for those who've owned g220 before, the WOW factors really kicks in! To quote my fellow enthusiast... "this beast feels like a rotary but safety of a DA"

Not to blow things out of proportion, but I just purchased my g220 a month ago, sell it two weeks afterwards after tried it and bought myself the G110v2. Car Crazy? U bet i am......

Just need to give a thumbs up for Meguiars... you really improved the unit by a whole lot more! Happy Detailing

Re: G110v2 vs G220v1 vs UDMv1

Great Review bro.

Hope to see some great results of your detail sessions soon. on MOL and modcom. :]

I hope to be getting the G110v2 very soon too ..
    Can't wait to try it out myself after hearing raving reviews of it..
    Ganesa,
    Toyota Vios '05

Theres a difference in a person who has to do it and a person who wants to do it

Comment

Originally posted by Ganesa View Post
      Great Review bro.

Hope to see some great results of your detail sessions soon. on MOL and modcom. :]

I hope to be getting the G110v2 very soon too ..
      Can't wait to try it out myself after hearing raving reviews of it..
      Haha.. i'm too ashamed to show my work here in MOL, after all I am a just a yearly detailer or bi-annually detailer at most. Can't compare my work to an experienced detailer like yourself

You're welcome to have a tryout bro, just drop me a pm and we'll set time, as long as it is during weekend. But make sure v2 is the path that you're willing to take, for those who tried it out yesterday, they instantly switch their believe to v2

Comment

I thought G110v2 and G220 are the same thing?

Comment

Originally posted by agp423 View Post
          I thought G110v2 and G220 are the same thing?
          G220 is the same with the G110 with exception the voltage difference, latter running on 110volts.
          Learning new things everyday

Comment

Thanks for the review.

So how do you run the 110 if you're in a 220V area? Do you have some kind of transformer or something?
            Originally posted by Blueline
            I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Yep..transformer/step-up/step-down... I don't know how they called it exactly, but it has input of 220V and output of 110V. I used the one that can handle 1000Watt capacity, enough to handle the power consumption of a DA safely.

+1 for timG, complete spec explained in: http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21120

but basically G110v1 and G220v1 are the same thing, running on different voltage. v2 is newer version of both machine, 110v2 already released in north america and 220v2 i think sometimes this month, probably it'll be ready stock in asia pacific somewhere mid June?

Comment

notelle and ganesha

where did you get your g110 v2 from ? I need to get one for miself to...

Comment

You should...it's a nice machine to have. But running 110v in 220v environment is a bit hustle, if u want it simpler better wait for the official 220v2.

Comment

Good review. Hope it works well for you. Enjoy it!
                    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Are G110v2 vs G220v1 same product with different voltage?!?

If so G220 can be purchased in UK and use here in Australia, if I am not mistaken!?

Opinions please!

Comment

Nope... 110 or 220 indicates the voltage environment which is needed to run the machine properly.

110v1 = 220v1
                        110v2 = 220v2 (which from i heard has not been distributed across the world yet).

If your electricity runs in 220 volt environment, get the 220v1 (earlier version) or 220v2 (newer version), otherwise you need a transformer/step-up/voltage regulator to run the 110v machine in 220v environment.

Hope that clears it up

Comment

Agree with nothelle and further:

Yes you can buy a G220 from the UK and it will work in Aus. but you'll need to put a different plug on it (or use an adapter).
                          Originally posted by Blueline
                          I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

anyone who can say when G220v2 is to be released ..?

Comment

Just ask your local meguiars, last i heard they'll start shipment next month from factory

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');