• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's **NEW** G110 V2 Dual Action Polisher Review!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Meguiar's **NEW** G110 V2 Dual Action Polisher Review!!!

Thanks for the review, Tim.

I think that the future is in creating a polisher and a range of polishes and buffing pads that combine the ease of use and safety of a DA with the correction capability of a rotary.

Comment

Hey Tim,
      I also purchased a DA around the exact same time and the first one failed and now the second one has too .... how is yours hanging in there?
      Have you experienced the "faulty power cord issue" or "backing plate coming off" problem

Thanks Tim

Comment

Great review .. thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by fredcandetail View Post
          Hey Tim,
          I also purchased a DA around the exact same time and the first one failed and now the second one has too .... how is yours hanging in there?
          Have you experienced the "faulty power cord issue" or "backing plate coming off" problem

Thanks Tim
          Hey Fred,

I too have had cord trouble as well. You can hear an intermittent power loss caused by movement in the cord. I have had mine since late November early December 2009, and though I like it, the cord issue and the lack of detent's on the power dial are something that stand out to me. I realize that some pros will comment that they go by sound to judge the DA's speed, but it is rather inconvenient to accidentally bump the switch while buffing in tight and critical areas. Minor point...yes, but still something to note.

In all fairness about the cord, I obviously have a very early in the production-run machine so perhaps it was a batch issue, I do not know. I do know that when I contacted Mike Pennington and Mike Stoops, they seemed quite surprised. I had to offer to send a video of the problem... However, with that said, failure is not something that should happen but can in any mechanical device. So while I know Meguiar's will take care of its customers who have had issues with the cord etc, I do understand the frustration...

I have other comments to make on the new G110 V2 DA and the other new 2010 Meguiar's products, which I will post in the near future.

Tim
          Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Thanks Tim for the update.
            I phoned Megs CS the other day and spoke to a rep and he honestly admittedly acknowledge the "issues" and said they have taken new steps to remedy the situation... so my best guess is they figured out what was causing the power cord short and fixed it .... my only problem is my back up unit gets about a third of the duty as my regular machine so in a way I hope it craps out pretty soon so I stay within my one year warranty so I can get the updated machine.

Thanks again for the open and honest feedback. I'm on many forums and very rare is it that an advocate of a particular product with tell a sponsor "hey this is a problem and it broke on me too" versus "mine is working fine"

Fred

Comment

Back to the differences between G110v1 and G110v2.

Tim mentioned that:

Finally, there is a significant power increase on the G110 V2 to 4.2 amps from the previous 3.7 amps.

In the following tread Mike states that the old unit has 4.2 amps too.

Are there any differences in amps or not?

What is the amps spec for the two?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by FRS View Post
                Back to the differences between G110v1 and G110v2.

Tim mentioned that:

Finally, there is a significant power increase on the G110 V2 to 4.2 amps from the previous 3.7 amps.

In the following tread Mike states that the old unit has 4.2 amps too.

Are there any differences in amps or not?

What is the amps spec for the two?

Thanks

Morning,

Well...I had to do a double take on this one....

I just went to the garage and compared the information on the actual machines and it is indeed the same at 4.2 amps. I misread the specification chart Meguiar's sent to me. The speed range has been increased significantly per dial setting on the V2 as well as it does not bog down as much as the V1 thanks to new internal circuitry.

I apologize for the mistake and will fix the thread....

Tim
                Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Thank you for clarifying this.

Btw, I enjoy reading your reviews & posts, all very informative.

Cheers

Doug

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');