• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pad cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pad cleaning

I just picked up a PC and ordered the essentials kit for the PC. I think Mike had a good post a while ago about cleaning pads. I did a search and found a few but not the one I am looking for. Can someone post the link so I can print it.
    Thanks
    He waxes desperately with imagination.

Re: Pad cleaning

Originally posted by bimmer330i
    I just picked up a PC and ordered the essentials kit for the PC. I think Mike had a good post a while ago about cleaning pads. I did a search and found a few but not the one I am looking for. Can someone post the link so I can print it.
    Thanks
    Hi bimmer330i,

I'll do some searching and see if I can locate the thread you reference, until then,

Here's some things to avoid and some methods some of our other members are using

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: Re: Pad cleaning

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
      Hi bimmer330i,

I'll do some searching and see if I can locate the thread you reference, until then,

Here's some things to avoid and some methods some of our other members are using

Mike
      Appreciate the help Mike.
      He waxes desperately with imagination.

Comment

I tryed Jimmys method tonight which is:
        I have more than 30 pads. They all get washed at least once a week..

We use a 3 bucket method:

1. Dawn soak for several hours or more. Hand scrub/agitate, squeeze dry.

2. Rinse, squeeze, rinse squeeze, repeat.

3. Rinse, squeeze, rinse squeeze, repeat.

If the water in the third bucket is still clear, squeeze, and spin in bucket #4 via the PC or rotary for 10 seconds, and airdry over night.

Kinda labor/time intensive, but, at $10-12 each, these pads deserve special attention.

Oh Yeah, heat is bad...

Jim
        and I can say this method worked great! My pads look brand new again!
        2004 Flame Red SRT-4

Comment

Hi:

Just found this product for cleaning pads. Known this has come up several times. Have not used it.

Snappy Clean -- pad cleaning powder

Here is the web address:

Regards,

KTruck
          Last edited by KTruck; Dec 26, 2004, 08:28 AM.
          Make it Shine

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');