• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paint Care

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint Care

[SIZE=3]hey guys i'm not a professional detailer. I am detailing my Ford Expedition that has abused paint. it has water marks all over the body and NXT wax didn't do anything.

I have the #23 Yellow wax, DACP #83 and Makita Buffer with W7000 Soft Buff cutting pad. Will these do to remover the water spots? Hot do i apply the #83 DACP? Should i apply it by hand or put it directly at the buffing pad? Do i need to let it dry?

After the #83? should i apply the #23 immediately?

Re: Paint Care

Originally posted by leox5
    hey guys I'm not a professional detailer. I am detailing my Ford Expedition that has abused paint. it has water marks all over the body and NXT wax didn't do anything.
    That's because it's not a cleaner/wax. There are many on the Internet that exaggerate the cleaning ability of this product and try to make it sound like a cleaner/wax but as you have discovered, this is simply not true.

I have the #26 Yellow wax, DACP #83 and Makita Buffer with W7000 Soft Buff cutting pad. Will these do to remover the water spots? Hot do i apply the #83 DACP? Should i apply it by hand or put it directly at the buffing pad? Do i need to let it dry?

After the #83? should i apply the #26 immediately?
    See my answer to the other place you posted this question.

Note: After buffing with a W-7006 Cutting pad, you will need to re-polish the finish with a softer pad such as a W-8000 polishing pad, or a W-9000 finishing pad to remove any buffer haze.

The #26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax is a pure wax and is completely non-abrasive and offers no cleaning ability. I will not help you to remove any above or below surface defects.

Hope this helps...

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');