• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The screaming chicken in BLACK / extreme make-over, Superior Shine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The screaming chicken in BLACK / extreme make-over, Superior Shine

1982 Pontiac Trans Am with 72,xxx original miles. Her finish had lost its luster. Poor old girl needed some love. We were there for her.

Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Re: The screaming chicken in BLACK / extreme make-over, Superior Shine

Her neglected finish was original single stage black enamel. After a through wash we decontaminated the surface of her with clay then deep cleaned the paint with Meguiars #105 on a rotary polisher. Rotary work was followed with #105 with one of us using the G110V2 and the other the flex DA.

Here is a 50/50 shot...

SHHHHHHH .. I am in my polishing zone.....

Obviously she was single stage. I went with the yellow wool SOLO pad as her paint was soft. I found the other wool pads I had in my arsenal were too aggressive.

Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Her beauty had been restored!! She now shines like the day she was born.

Comment

Incredible work, Joe!
        NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

I thought it woul dbe fun to post a few before and afters side by side pics .....

Comment

I almost forgot the dual xenon light pictures.......

Here you see the dual xenon illuminating a very faded and dull finish with very very little reflection properties.

BEFORE -

AAAAHH swirl free, like we like'em!

AFTER -

Comment

Sweetness!! Now that's what you call extreme. Love the before and after shots. Top quality work Joe!
              Learning new things everyday

Comment

Coñioooo que bueno......great job Joe as always!

"Kit" looks like new again!
                David M. Sylican
                Innovative Detailing
                Headlight Lens Restoral
                Detailing Caddy
                Join us on Facebook

Comment

Thanks fellas.

LOL -you know Coño- LOL

Comment

Outstanding work Joe!

How did you handle things around those old decals? That had to be a tricky area to do.
                    -Bob
                    NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

Thaaat's right. The screaming chicken.
                      Alex C.

Comment

Sweet restoration Joe!

What was your choice of LSP?
                        Shane
                        1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Brought back old memories of a black recaro trans-am I had, Nices cars!

Fantastic job as always joe, thanks for sharing.
                          ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
                          You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
                          Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Comment

Thanks fellas again for all the kind words.

I can't take all the credit. Alex "Black150" assisted me.

Here he is in his "WHOS YO DADDY NOW" grin!!

Comment

nice work, another car saved

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');