• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keep that engine clean!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep that engine clean!

I have a 5 year old ford expedition with 70,000 miles and used To tow our boat with it. I detail it by spraying a good coat of degreaser then hit with a steam washer on low preasure. then I use an air commpressor to blow it dry. To do the details I use sveral detail brushes or put a rag on the end of a longScrewdriver. After the grease is gone I spray the engine Plastics with No. 40 or S-dressing then put WD-40 on the chrome. I put the air commpressor in there to spray it even then dry it with a rag. I even have had a few guys ask if it was new because it looked so good!

A clean engine also runs more efficiant and cooler!

JB's Executive Detailing "Protecting your investment"

Sounds like a good regimen I'd just replace that WD-40 with one of Meg's very good metal polishes and even top with one of their sealants. I'd be leary about having WD-40 coating anything in an engine compartment.
    my product collection-- New !
    My Detailing Credo
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Comment

There is nothing like having a clean engine. I did my sister 4 runner a few months back that had 140,000 miles and had never been waxed or really cleaned in 8 years. After I cleaned up the inside and out, I went to work on the engine. Talk about bringing up the price on the car. When people came to look at it and opened the engine bay they were shocked. Car sold in two days way over what it was worth.

Would love to see some pictures if you have any.

Comment

Serious Enthusiast!

Dear enthusiast,
        I will send some pics of the engine when I take some until then only imagine how good it looks!
        Regards, Jeff

Comment

Hey Lt1 Vette

sorry I did not take any pictures yet when the rain clears i will show you some!

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');