• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone use car odor eliminator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use car odor eliminator?

I was digging in the garage and went for the bottle of Car Odor Eliminator and was wondering if anyone else has a bottle and uses it? I just like the smell from time to time, I don't use it to eliminate odors just use it time to time.

Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

I used it a few times. My neighbor had asked to try it in his car. He told me a few days later the odor from the product was kind of strong. It was a hot summer day in SC so I'm sure that helped. Not sure if the original odor came back or not.

Comment

Yes, I have some of it. In fact they used to sell it in a 24oz bottle, which I snagged up a few before they were gone. It does a good job of neutralizing odors. My dad had bought a used Lightning truck that had been smoked in and it took two applications, but the cigarette smell did go away.

I do have to agree the smell initially is kind of strong, almost like nail polish remover. But if you keep the windows cracked it does go away more quickly. I hear the pro line odor eliminator is a lot less fragrant.

However, I must admit I haven't used mine in a long time. I recently picked up an ozone generator and it works better than anything I've found, plus it has the added benefit that it can go in to your air vents and kill anything thats potentially growing in there.

But, for a cheap easy to use product (compared to dropping $200 for an ozone generator), odor eliminator works well. Between using it and replacing the cabin air filter if applicable it can take care of a lot.
      Later,
      Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
      Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');