• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garry Dean - Tampa - Premium Detailed Black 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garry Dean - Tampa - Premium Detailed Black 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer

This detail is a Black 09 Mitsubishi Lancer. I did this detail last Thursday. It took me 8 hours to do the full exterior with swirl removal and a basic interior detail. This car is owned by a regular client of mine. His son drives it while he is in college. My client asked me to just do a 1 step swirl removal process to make it look a little better. Sounds easy enough, right? Well, I found this paint to be some of the hardest I have worked on in a while. It took 2 passes (by pass I refer to applying and working the polish until fully broken down and then removed) with PC7424XP, Menzerna PO203, and 5.5” LC orange on every panel to remove the swirls and most minor RIDS (random isolated deep scratches). At times it seemed as I had to literally stand on top of the PC to get good correction. It was clear after the wash that the vehicle had no protection prior to the detail. I got my new Brinkmann “swirlfinder” this week and it works great!

Exterior
    Autogeek foam gun with Meguiarss Hyper ffice:smarttags" />Wash let dwell for 5 minutes
    Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay with diluted ONR as clay lube
    Dried with the Absorber
    Swirls highlighted with Brinkmann Dual Xenon flashlight
    Polished with PC7424XP, Menzerna Power Finish, and LC 5.5” orange CCS pads
    Glass cleaned with Meguiars Glass cleaner concentrate
    LSP was Wheel Wax Glacier Polish and sealant
    Final touch was Meguiars Final Touch spray detailer

Wheels and tires
    Cleaned with various brushes
    Purple Power diluted 50/50 on wheels ant tires
    Tires dressed with Adams VRT protectant

Interior
    Vacuumed with Rigid 5hp portable shop vac
    Protected with 303 Aerospace Protectant
    Interior windows cleaned with Meguiars Glass Cleaner concentrate

Without further ado.

Before

Cleaning the wheels

All foamed up

Trunk area after clay bar

Befores of paint after wash and clay

Hood taped off for 50/50 before

50/50 of hood afters

Passenger fender before polishing

50/50 of passenger fender

Roof taped off before polishing

After

Roof 50/50

Re: Garry Dean - Tampa - Premium Detailed Black 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer

After shots of various panels. The rainbow flake really looks good in the sun. The sun was almost gone so I took what I could, but the Brinkmann shots speak for themselves. These are before LSP.

Afters of the whole car

Thank you for looking!

Comment

Great work, Garry. The lancer looks great. You really made it pop. Great job.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Killer work man! Love that 50/50 shot on the hood
          Learning new things everyday

Comment

Originally posted by TimG View Post
            Killer work man! Love that 50/50 shot on the hood
            Thank you!

Comment

Thanks for sharing , GREAT JOB
              Sudzontherun serving all of the Tri-state Area

Comment

Wow, that whip looks killer now! Black is so awesome when it's clean, but so bad when it's not. You brought it back - keep it up!
                Composers shouldn't think too much, it interferes with their plagiarism. -- Howard Dietz

Comment

Excellent job. Love the 50/50 shots you did.

Comment

Thanks for the comments! I really like the Brinkmann Dual Xenon flashlight for the 50/50 shots!

Comment

Originally posted by Premium View Post
                      Thanks for the comments! I really like the Brinkmann Dual Xenon flashlight for the 50/50 shots!
                      Me too but my battery died and I don't know where to order a replacement

Comment

Originally posted by xantonin View Post
                        Me too but my battery died and I don't know where to order a replacement
                        I got mine from Autogeek.net. I know they sell the replacement bulbs, why dont you call them and see if they can get you a replacement battery?

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');