• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Time with ASD...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Time with ASD...

So i used ASD (ALL SEASON DRERSSING) for the first time today. And im very stupid cause i didnt kno it was pertrluem based? It is rite?? It was very oily....And when i used it on trim, it kinda dried up??
    Is it supposed to do that? It looked VERY wet @ first and then faded away...idk, just my 2 cents. What yall think??

Re: First Time with ASD...

I like to apply ASD, then wait about 5-10 minutes, then come back with a clean cloth to remove excess.

Also, if the plastic is old and has never been dressed, a second or third application could be needed.

On a side note though, my car has like 5 kinds of plastic trim, and the 2 types of plastic around my windows just dont really like dressings as much as other plastics.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

As stated, it will need more than one application initially. It just soaked up the first application. I believe it is silicone, not petroleum, that is in ASD.

Colin
      A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

o...ok. i will try nxt time. The tires on this particular truck are dressed about once a yr...by me. lol. And same with the trim. I hope the dressing was just absorbed.
        I will try more applications nxt time

And the truck is 16 yrs old so the plastic is kinda aged. lol

Comment

I understand where your coming from. The first time using it there is a little trial and error. It most likely was soaked in, like the others have stated. Re-apply and you will start to see the benefits of asd.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

I just tried it too, and am vary happy with it. I usually use M40, but thought this might be a good alternative for rainy weather.
            Success is never final, failure is never fatal. It's courage that counts.
            by John Wooden

'88 Honda

Comment

I thought ASD supposed to be silicone free? Would it be safe to use often on tires? I had bad experience with silicone-based tire dressing that makes my tires hardened and cracked over time....

Comment

Originally posted by nothelle View Post
                I thought ASD supposed to be silicone free? Would it be safe to use often on tires? I had bad experience with silicone-based tire dressing that makes my tires hardened and cracked over time....
                You can use ASD on tires.
                Nick
                Tucker's Detailing Services
                815-954-0773
                2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');