• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hard paint? hard to remove defect by hand.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard paint? hard to remove defect by hand.

My ride is a MKV Golf GTI.

It have some minor swirl which I want to remove. I use Ultimate compound with a lot of "passion" but still I found it only removed a little swirl, hard to make it perfect.

Is it a DA or rotary buffer is a must for making the paint "show car perfect" ?

Is it generally speaking, german car has harder paint ?

Thanks for any advice.

Kith

Re: Hard paint? hard to remove defect by hand.

Hey kith

How many applications did you try by hand?

Often times it will and can take 2,3 or more applications by hand or machine to get the results your after.

But remember that you always need to start with the least aggressive products first because you don't need to remove more paint then needs be. You can always step up in product or pads but when you go to far (going through your paint or clear coat) a repaint is the next step!!!

Using a PC/DA or (rotary-if in the right hands) is a must for a show car finish, lets face it our hands can't compare or do as good a job with a machine!

Also check out the site navigation for alot of the answer that will be of a big help to you. Just click on the list o links. Went ahead and give you one that is what your asking /looking for.

Hope that's helped.
    LATER
    ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
    You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
    Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Comment

There really isn't much point in trying to correct VAG paint by hand. It's the hardest stuff out there I believe. It's no fun even with a Flex. Rotary+M105 does a good job on it, but less than that will take forever.

Comment

I wouldn't think blasting off the salt with the water/rinse setting at a coin op would hurt at all. There should only be clean water running through at that point. I personally wouldn't use the soap but I have blasted off the body and undercarriage with the rinse setting before when the car is really dirty and then ONR it when I get home.

Comment

Originally posted by Garage Troll View Post
          I wouldn't think blasting off the salt with the water/rinse setting at a coin op would hurt at all. There should only be clean water running through at that point. I personally wouldn't use the soap but I have blasted off the body and undercarriage with the rinse setting before when the car is really dirty and then ONR it when I get home.
          ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
          You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
          Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');