• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windshield rock chip repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windshield rock chip repair

I have a rock chip in my windshield about the size of a ball point pen tip does meguiars have a product to repair this?

if not can anybody recommend a product.

thanks

Re: Windshield rock chip repair

Sorry, but we do not offer any type of windshield repair kit / product.

Hopefully someone will chime in with some direction on a product or service in your area that you can use

What area of Ca are you from ?
    Mike Pennington
    Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
    Meguiar's, Inc.
    800-854-8073
    mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Pennington View Post
      Sorry, but we do not offer any type of windshield repair kit / product.

Hopefully someone will chime in with some direction on a product or service in your area that you can use

What area of Ca are you from ?
      thanks for the reply Mike maybe Meguiars should look into providing a windshield product there a lot of chipped windshield out there.

I am from Bakersfield. Maybe somebody can suggest something they have used before or a shop that they have used.

Thanks

Comment

Most glass shops offer windshield chip repair for a min cost (20 bucks). I know permatex offers a DIY kit. But for 20 bucks I'd just go to a glass shop.

Professional Automotive Reconditioning Services
        "You scuff it-I buff it!"

Comment

Also I believe that most insurances handle this as a no deductible. If you want to go that route.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Does anyone know how the glass cleaners, or RainX work on the repairs? Wouldnt want to pull the filler back out?
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
              Also I believe that most insurances handle this as a no deductible. If you want to go that route.
              I just had one in my windshield and galled Geico immediately. They sent out a rep from Safelite AutoGlass to repair the chip at no charge. $0 deductible. Repairing or replacing the windshield will cost money, but prevention is free!
              -----

Comment

I'd also add that leaving it go usually will lead to the chip turning into a crack and eventually may require a windshield replacement. As mentioned, nearly all insurance companies will have a repairman out to fix this free of charge. The repair removes any stress and fills the chip with a clear resin that often makes the chip nearly invisible.
                Jim
                My Gallery

Comment

Glass Technology has been manufacturing windshield repair tools for over 25 years. You might give them a look. gtglass.com

Comment

I had really good luck with a cheap DIY walmart kit and my heatgun. It's not professional "see through" quality but it looks pretty good and sealed the chips
                    www.idetailautopros.com
                    iDetail Professional Automotive Detailing

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');