• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water Based Dressing - any pictures ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Based Dressing - any pictures ?

Does anybody have any pictures of interior door panels/dashboards dressed with water based dressing ? Straight or 1:1..either or. id like to see what the dressing looks like on interior parts..thanks in advance. i appreciate if anybody has pics to post
    Addicted

Re: Water Based Dressing - any pictures ?

Water Based Dressing comes out looking just like Hyper Dressing. I have some somewhere...I think.

Comment

Originally posted by roushstage2 View Post
      Water Based Dressing comes out looking just like Hyper Dressing. I have some somewhere...I think.
      thanks tyler, i know i have seen your engine detail pics using WBD, but never any interior pics..if you have a pic or two, that would be awesome

by the way, is WBD thick in its consistency ? hyper dressing, even diluted 1:1 is very thin and it makes it a bit hard to apply it to dashboards and panels without making a mess of your fingertips..hyper dressing sorta just goes right through the foam..hows WBD when its used straight? as i intend to use it for high gloss
      Addicted

Comment

i'd like to use a product thats more on the thicker,creamier side..or just thicker in general..
        Addicted

Comment

I will have to go through quite a bit of pictures, lol, but I'll check and see what I can find then. WBD straight is kind of on the thicker side. It has the same consistency as straight HD. Use WBD straight for high gloss or 1:1 for low gloss. Since you want high gloss, I think WBD is going to be about as thick as you can get without actually using a gel-type/thicker product (like NXT Tech Protect).

Comment

WBD straight is kind of on the thicker side. It has the same consistency as straight HD.

really?

if WBD has the same consistency as HD straight, then thats pretty decently thick and exactly what i want..tyler thanks for the info i appreciate it a lot, i think i am going to pick up some now.

and if you can find those pictures i greatly appreciate it.

Thanks again bro
            Addicted

Comment

I went and shook both jugs just to check before I posted that for sure. I'll look for those pictures in the morning. I have a few thousand to go through.

Comment

I went and shook both jugs just to check before I posted that for sure. I'll look for those pictures in the morning. I have a few thousand to go through.
                thanks tyler..no need to go crazy searching for those pics, but id sure appreciate it

my problem with Hyper Dressing on interiors, is that its too thin..hyper dressing obviously isnt meant to be used straight, the closest you can go is 1:1 and when i want to spray that onto my applicator pad, its so thin that the product just goes right through the pad and onto my fingertips and just gets really messy...i never have this problem with SSP though, weird i know...so i was hoping for a product that is thicker for interiors, while i love HD for wheel wells, engine bay, its just not cutting it for me for interiors in the way that it applies to the surface..so since you say WBD straight out of the bottle is as thick as hyper dressing straight, then i think thats perfect for me. im not looking for a product as thick as Endurance tire gel, but just not thin like water. probably something as thick/thin as NXT Tech Wax 2.0..its got that feel of a wax but is much thinner which helps a lot with applying it...so if WBD is anything close to that, then i think i found a winner
                Addicted

Comment

If you want something with wax-like consistency, the only thing that would be close to that is the discontinued M38. One thing I do when I don't want product getting on my hands is to use some disposable gloves. I almost always have a box for when I work on my cars.

Comment

Here are two quick ones. I am pretty positive it is WBD. I may have more, this is just what I found on my computer.

Comment

tyler, that dash looks pretty good...do you remember if that was WBD 1:1 or full strength ?
                      Addicted

Comment

I believe that was full strength. I looked through all of my other pictures, but I must have deleted what other ones I had of it. If you want, when the sun appears again later this week, I can wipe the dash down for you and take a couple of more pictures. Your call. I think it needs to be re-wiped anyways.

Comment

I believe that was full strength. I looked through all of my other pictures, but I must have deleted what other ones I had of it. If you want, when the sun appears again later this week, I can wipe the dash down for you and take a couple of more pictures. Your call. I think it needs to be re-wiped anyways.
                          sure !

id like to see what WBD dressing at full strength looks like applied and left to dry, no wiping down for a final wipe..i appreciate it that man. even a picture with not much sunlight and just a camera flash is enough for me
                          Addicted

Comment

Yeah, NP. I don't do any of that final wiping stuff.

Comment

Awesome can't wait for the pics
                              Addicted

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');