• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How To Clean Really Dirty Leather?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How To Clean Really Dirty Leather?

i have tried all the leather cleaners by meguiars (except for the new 2010 product) and they all do an excellent job at cleaning leather..i once cleaned 2 really dirty leather seats...they were dark black and they looked clean, until i hit it with gold class rich leather cleaner, and WOW all i got was black dirt onto my towel..it was shocking..after cleaning the area i went back with some more product and got no more dirt on the towel..so its a fact that the leather cleaners by meguairs really do work..however if your looking for something fast to clean the leather..like many of people have said..APC will do an amazing job..spray it on, let it soak in, and wipe off. then come back with a leather cleaner/conditioner and work it in to leave the leather soft, supple, and bring back the color. just be gentle with the leather and you'll be fine. just dont be surprised how dirty your towel will get !
    Addicted

Comment

could i use this as my steamer the brush attachment is very soft... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BQRD0I/...SIN=B000BQRD0I
      www.JEEPGARAGE.org

Comment

Originally posted by dreamps View Post
        could i use this as my steamer the brush attachment is very soft... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BQRD0I/...SIN=B000BQRD0I

You most definately could, if you havent already!
        David M. Sylican
        Innovative Detailing
        Headlight Lens Restoral
        Detailing Caddy
        Join us on Facebook

Comment

AWESOME! thanks david!!! i have 2 of these and will put them to use next month when the snow finally gives way!
          www.JEEPGARAGE.org

Comment

Originally posted by Innovative Detailing View Post
            My method above for cleaning the leather is using APC + 4:1 lightly misted on the leather seating area, working one area at a time. I do this because as others have mentioned it can leave lighter spotting from it's effectiveness, this way it comes out even. Followed with the steamer, my steamer is a little buggy made by McCullough and it cuts scrub time in half. The heat of the steam combined with the effectiveness of the APC+ removes the grime instantly. Follow up with your choice of leather treatment if needed and you are good to go!
            So are you saying your spray APC+ on the leather, then go to work with the steam cleaner? Or do you wipe the APC off first with a MF towel and then steam?
            www.reflectionsautodetailing.biz

Comment

Originally posted by LelandGray View Post
              So are you saying your spray APC+ on the leather, then go to work with the steam cleaner?
              Yes, this is the way I would recommend cleaning your dirty leather, just make sure you spray a fine even mist on the surfaces to be cleaned. I would test an area first, to make sure you get the desired results that you are looking for.
              David M. Sylican
              Innovative Detailing
              Headlight Lens Restoral
              Detailing Caddy
              Join us on Facebook

Comment

White scuff pad/scotch brite used with aerosol foaming window cleaner has never let me down than heavy on the leather conditioner

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');