• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How To Clean Really Dirty Leather?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Clean Really Dirty Leather?

I've tried leather cleaners followed by leather conditioners but I don't think their strong enough to remove these stains (dark spots in the creases) and also how do I remove dirt and what not from wrinkles (Because if my seats are going to be wrinkled at least their clean!)?

Is their a safe household product that is a bit more abrasive so I can clean my leather? and also what kind of brush should I use?

Here are pic (Looks worse in real life):

1995 Mustang GT Coupe 5.0 V8, Bone Stock, 5 Speed, Black On Beige/Black Leather Interior.

Re: How To Clean Really Dirty Leather?

How about APC 10:1 or higher dilution 4:1? works wonder with me. And some brushes to agitate. Soft tooth brush for hard to reach places. Sometimes soft naik brush works fine.

Comment

APC 10:1 works wonders....4:1 only if you 10:1 isnt cutting it..then come back with a leather cleaner/conditioner to condition and make the leather soft
      Addicted

Comment

This is how I do it..........

I will putting a thread up in the morning, but here are a couple of pics......

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

50/50 shot of seat bottom

STEAM CLEANER AT WORK

FINISHED RESULTS

Be careful with leather that is aged, be gentle......those seats that you are cleaning look about ready to crack up and fail
        David M. Sylican
        Innovative Detailing
        Headlight Lens Restoral
        Detailing Caddy
        Join us on Facebook

Comment

I agree with the others about the apc. Works wonders for me. The only thing I would add is this. Spray the apc onto the cloth you are using to clean the leather. I have found that occasionally spraying directly onto the leather you will have spotting. Good luck.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

3m white scuff pads. I use to worked for a high line restoration shop , and thats what they used.

Comment

My method above for cleaning the leather is using APC + 4:1 lightly misted on the leather seating area, working one area at a time. I do this because as others have mentioned it can leave lighter spotting from it's effectiveness, this way it comes out even. Followed with the steamer, my steamer is a little buggy made by McCullough and it cuts scrub time in half. The heat of the steam combined with the effectiveness of the APC+ removes the grime instantly. Follow up with your choice of leather treatment if needed and you are good to go!
              David M. Sylican
              Innovative Detailing
              Headlight Lens Restoral
              Detailing Caddy
              Join us on Facebook

Comment

Can anyone recommend me a good all purpose cleaner? I'm having trouble finding the Meguiar's APC.
                1995 Mustang GT Coupe 5.0 V8, Bone Stock, 5 Speed, Black On Beige/Black Leather Interior.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan_T_Mustang View Post
                  Can anyone recommend me a good all purpose cleaner? I'm having trouble finding the Meguiar's APC.
                  Your gonna have to order it online, its not OTC.
                  Nick
                  Tucker's Detailing Services
                  815-954-0773
                  2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Anyone think this will do the trick?

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
                      Your gonna have to order it online, its not OTC.
                      What does OTC stand for? Sorry I'm new to detailing.

Comment

OTC = over the counter (not readily available at retail stores such as Walmart, Target, local part store, etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by Dan_T_Mustang View Post
                          What does OTC stand for? Sorry I'm new to detailing.
                          OTC= Over The Counter
                          There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?

Comment

Autogeek.net they have the APC They ship to canada fair price

Comment

I say hit up your consumer store and see what they have. I think even trying something like Meguiar's Rich Leather Wipes (mainly a cleaner), would help and might even get you the results you want. Also a spray leather cleaner with a quality inteior brush might help, but certainly try not to use too much product so as not to overly saturate the seat.

I'll be honest, I don't have leather seats and don't have any to maintain. But I have a leather wrapped steering wheel and I just bought a can of Meguiar's Rich Leather Wipes and they picked up a ton of dirt and grime from my wheel. Hope this helps.
                              "Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week." Jay-Z

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');