• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leather Cleaner/Conditioner Comparisons - with pictures !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Leather Cleaner/Conditioner Comparisons - with pictures !

Mostly messing.... And neat tape lines laid out in uniform blocks....
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

lol as soon as i can recover the new 2010 leather gel i will get to work on round 2 of this test...unless anyone wants to see the gold class spray and wipes now
      Addicted

Comment

I might as well add something to this thread, I really started to like Gold Class Rich Leather Spray after rubbing them on the seats of this Camaro. After wiping down with a cotton towel it leaves a very matte finish and is not greasy or cheap looking at all.

Nick
        Tucker's Detailing Services
        815-954-0773
        2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

looks good..the gold class spray bottle is so easy to use, you just spray some product onto a foam applicator pad and rub the product into the leather..it is very very shiny like D180..however, a good final wipe will bring down the gloss as you said..i dont think the spray product lasted as long as the lotion though the last time i used it.
          Addicted

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
            Mostly messing.... And neat tape lines laid out in uniform blocks....
            +1 and don't forget to do a Meg's logo too. That's a must!

Seriously, great comparison. I have the GC c/c right now but I may have switch after seeing this. I'm not sure if my seats are really leather though. I have an 04 Saturn Vue (non-redline) with a leather like seat with cloth inserts. Anyone know what this material is and how to best care for it?

Sorry for the hijack, just thought I'd ask while we're on the subject.

Comment

okay here it is...i did comparisons on all the products that i have, which is basically all the leather products except for the new 2010 leather product which i havent been able to get in local retail stores in my area..

NOTE:

Bottom Left = Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner/Conditioner Lotion
              Bottom Middle = Gold Class Step 1 Leather Cleaner and Gold Class Step 2 Conditioner
              Bottom Right = D180 Detailer Line Leather Cleaner/Conditioner
              Top Left = Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner/Conditioner Spray
              Top Right = Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner/Conditioner Wipes

Here are the results after working the products in (no final wipe)

And here are the final results after going back and giving the leather a final wipe to bring down the gloss

Addicted

Comment

I'd say it seems very clear that the 2-in-one lotion produces the lowest-gloss results.

Comment

Originally posted by 1999grad View Post
                  I'd say it seems very clear that the 2-in-one lotion produces the lowest-gloss results.
                  yes, the 1 step gold class rich leather lotion leaves the lowest gloss on leather

Might i add, all of the meguiars leather cleaners (spray, lotion, or wipes) all have excellent cleaning power...i only cleaned the leather with APC first so that the whole surface was clean so that the gloss results were fair for each product...if you use any of these products as a cleaner, you will get a lot of dirt build up on your applicator pad or towel (depending on how dirty your leather is). this is a sure sign that the product is cleaning the surface
                  Addicted

Comment

Thanks for doing the test, appreciate it!
                    How about a little review on durability It's been a couple of weeks since you first performed this test. I was wondering how long these products usually last?

Comment

I just bought a leather couch, and start using GC Rich Leather to maintain it.

Comment

Thanks for the great comparision speed3blackmica! So I see that D180 Detailer Line Leather Cleaner/Conditioner leaves the highest gloss and wet look after wiping. I prefer the leather to look like that but as I read most of the people like the matte look on leather. Is it something wrong with this gloss and wet look?

Comment

Originally posted by DJouneyt View Post
                          Thanks for the great comparision speed3blackmica! So I see that D180 Detailer Line Leather Cleaner/Conditioner leaves the highest gloss and wet look after wiping. I prefer the leather to look like that but as I read most of the people like the matte look on leather. Is it something wrong with this gloss and wet look?
                          there's nothing wrong with it...its just personal preference. just keep in mind the gloss wont last long on seats that you sit on frequently. for instance, your drivers seat will lose that gloss probably after sitting in it 2 or 3 times. but the leather will still be protected and conditioned.
                          Addicted

Comment

Originally posted by speed3blackmica View Post
                            there's nothing wrong with it...its just personal preference. just keep in mind the gloss wont last long on seats that you sit on frequently. for instance, your drivers seat will lose that gloss probably after sitting in it 2 or 3 times. but the leather will still be protected and conditioned.
                            Thanks for the info and advice

Comment

Awesome thread, with ones feels the more soft and supple

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');