• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar cleaner wax - safe to use on clear coat every month?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiar cleaner wax - safe to use on clear coat every month?

Hi guys, I'm new to detailing. I wish I could learn something from here.
    I've bought the Meguiar cleaner wax (paste wax) last night. However, suddenly pop up many questions from my head.

I'm wondering since it is cleaner wax, would it be safe to use on clear coat every month? I'm thinking to apply this wax by application pad, will it harm the paint or clear coat?

Because from what I've read from previous thread, not much people talking about this Meguiar cleaner wax and I wonder why is it? And how is this cleaner wax durability compared to the Meguiar hi-tech yellow wax (paste wax)? Which one more durable?

Hope anyone can give me some advice.

Re: Meguiar cleaner wax - safe to use on clear coat every month?

To begin with...welcome to MOL...

Cleaner / Wax is definitely safe on clear coats. While it may not have the durability of our Yellow Wax, Gold Class or NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0, it is a great all in one product for the $$$.

It removes fine swirls and oxidation, add gloss and protection in one step !

What is the conditon of the car you are working on ?
    What are your goals ?
    How much time are you willing to invest when detailing ?

While Cleaner/Wax is a great product, by knowing the above, we may be able to dial you into a different product(s) to ensure your expectations are exceeded
    Mike Pennington
    Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
    Meguiar's, Inc.
    800-854-8073
    mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

I'm working on three of my daily drive family cars. One new car and the other are more than three years.

Since I just start leaning detailing, I don't have the polish machine to do the proper polishing, and yet I don't have the capability to control it (my friend just spoiled his car paint recently).
      So I'm thinking maybe I can use the Meguiar cleaner wax since it is all-in-one product, but I'm worry would it harm the clear coat if waxing too often, thank to you now I'm clear.

My goal is durability, if Meguiar cleaner wax are lack or durability, maybe I will get Meguiar #16 or #26 to top up another layer. Is this a good idea?

Can you give me some advice?

Comment

A great easy to do detail is:

1. Wash
        2. Clay
        3. ColorX
        4. Wax - Nxt 2.0
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by illyas2k View Post
          My goal is durability, if Meguiar cleaner wax are lack or durability, maybe I will get Meguiar #16 or #26 to top up another layer. Is this a good idea?
          If you are going to be waxing once a month, you probably won't have to worry about the durability of Cleaner Wax, though of course it all depends on the environmental forces to which your car is exposed, how often you wash your car, etc. But if you want to top it with another wax (M16, M26, or NXT, e.g.) by all means do so. A second coat of protection is always good.

You may find this article helpful: Your Daily Driver: A Simple Wash & Wax Regimen.

Try out Cleaner Wax and tell us what you think! Good luck!
          Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
          --Al Kimel

Comment

I bought 3, 32 oz. bottles of Cleaner Wax years ago from a forum member, and have not regretted it once. Even with probably 12 other waxes, when I want good results quickly, with minimal effort, I still reach for the Cleaner Wax. It is definately worth the money to me. Works great on clear coat, single stage paint, and I've even used it on gel coat paint (a 31' RV) with great success! Use it...you'll love it. You should definately check out the Smooth Surface clay kit too. It's worth the money too.
            Lydia's Mobile Detailing
            Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
            2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

The environment here is quite harsh on the durable of wax, even turtle wax platinum ultra gloss can't last up to two weeks. Everyday raining here, I haven't try out the Meguiar cleaner wax.

Does the ColorX contain wax? Is it some kind like cleaner wax? Here is my plan to do.

a) wash
              b) clay
              c) Meguiar cleaner wax
              d) Meguiar m16

Comment

Originally posted by illyas2k View Post
                The environment here is quite harsh on the durable of wax, even turtle wax platinum ultra gloss can't last up to two weeks. Everyday raining here, I haven't try out the Meguiar cleaner wax.

Does the ColorX contain wax? Is it some kind like cleaner wax? Here is my plan to do.

a) wash
                b) clay
                c) Meguiar cleaner wax
                d) Meguiar m16

that sounds like a good plan if all your looking for is protection..colorX is an "All-In-One" product..it has light cutting ability, polishes, and protects all in one..but your better off doing each of all those steps one by one. i think you got the idea down pretty well..wash the car, clay it, apply cleaner wax, and then top it with m16 ! you'll be good
                Addicted

Comment

Thanks for the advice, well I think this is good for me.
                  Just wonder, if I don't use cleaner wax. Then means I have to follow the proper Meguiar 5 steps system right? How is the result on protection or..? Is this provide better protection than what I plan to do?

Comment

M16 is a great product. If you need more information, seek out our very own Malaysian member fishbonezken. He has a blog that's very informative indeed.

Hope that helps.
                    Learning new things everyday

Comment

Well, you dont have to do anything....

But the Nxt 2.0 will tend to protect better than the cleaner/wax. You will often see something like Nxt 2.0 used after a cleaner/wax.
                      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');