• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engine Detail - 1984 Mercedes Benz 380SL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Detail - 1984 Mercedes Benz 380SL

This is my fathers car...he had it repainted a while back, of course the body shop gave it back to him with a million and one swirls (he doesnt even know what swirl marks are)...i had pointed it out to him and he was really angry the finish came out like that..so i tackled it with ultimate compound and it was just like new ! he now keeps a car cover over it as he really doesnt drive it at all...anyway he had gone out and picked up some unknown brand of engine dressing from autozone and used it behind my back

so sure enough, a few months later i decided to look under the hood and it was all stained and just yucky...so i went ahead and brought out the heavy artilery...super degreaser and hyper dressing

here's how it went down...

Here is the engine

Here's super degreaser doing its job

Here is my niffty little garden hose i use for engine details (it minimizes the amount of rinse water)..and its great for winter washing when i have to turn off my outside hose

And there it is in action

There we go..all rinsed

Now its time to bring out the leaf blower to get rid of the excess water!

And now, its Hyper Dressings Turn...cut 2:1

And Here are the final results !!

Addicted

Re: Engine Detail - 1984 Mercedes Benz 380SL

Great write up. The engine looks great.
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
      Great write up. The engine looks great.
      Thanks J.A.

i didnt go too crazy...there are a few spots that i could have aggitated with a brush like the coolant tank and windshield washer tank, but my father doesnt drive it..so i just gave it a quick cleaning and dressing
      Addicted

Comment

Your garden sprayer looks just like the one I purchased at Ace Hardware. It is a great tool.

Nice job on the engine.

Colin
        A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Originally posted by cnfowler View Post
          Your garden sprayer looks just like the one I purchased at Ace Hardware. It is a great tool.

Nice job on the engine.

Colin

Colin, it really is...

i love it

it has so many uses
          Addicted

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');