• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foam Cannon for pressure washer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foam Cannon for pressure washer?

hey guys, whats some good foam cannons i can look into that make a really good rich foam that actually sticks on the vehicle long enough to do something
    Zach Hall

2001.5 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel - DD/Tow rig
    1983 Chevy C10 - Race/Show rig
    1939 Dodge D11 Luxury Liner Deluxe - Antique resto. project

Re: Foam Cannon for pressure washer?

I think Karcher has one.

Of course the soap also matters.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

well yeah, im not positive the pressure washer i have is made by karcher, never saw it on their site
      Zach Hall

Comment

ToolBarn.com offers a large selection of online power tools, hand tools, nail guns, fasteners & pressure washer parts from top brands like Milwaukee, DEWALT, Karcher, Senco, Makita & more!

I think there is more talk on them on autopia, etc... Google should pull up a bunch of threads with a search.

EDIT:

Looks liek Autogeek also sells something, much more expensive though.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Here are some couple of photos from my last job, might give you an idea

Nilfisk PW + foam lance + CG Maxi Suds II

Skoda Roomster

Comment

cant imderstand or rear a word thats typed over there but yeah. lol Something like that
            Zach Hall

Comment

Pressure Washer

Electric powered high-pressure washer's can be used everywhere that a normal mains pressure hose would be used, but you should take a few precautions with their use. Beware of forcing water into areas where it can't drain, and don't hold the nozzle too close to paint surfaces for as well as impact damage an excess of water pressure could damage paint surface, it can also remove stripes and vinyl graphics.

Be careful when working with the pressure hose nozzle close to the vehicle paintwork, or while working in confined places like engine compartments as it could recoil and cause impact damage, try to keep a three or four foot distance and use the wand at a 45 degree angle They are an ideal tool for the cleaning of fender wells and undercarriage, and for the removal of road salt from these areas.

Power cable extension

Prime Wire & Cable Duplex GFCI (Ground Fault Indicator) Junction Box with 6-Ft. Cord, Model# GF200806 Portable GFCI duplex receptacle detects power leaks and shuts off electricity in less than a second to prevent shock. Test and reset buttons Tough jobsite box with 6-ft. 12/3 SJTW power cord UL listed, meets OSHA standards.

Prime Wire & Cable 50-Ft extension 12/3 Neon Power Cord — Blue, Model# NS514830 Bright NEON extension cord stands out for easy identification. 12 Gauge, SJTW, 3 prong cord features super-flexible vinyl jacket with a cold temperature rating of -31°F. LIGHTED connector indicates when power is on. Cord is water and flame resistant and rated at 15 amps, 125V, 1875 watts, UL listed and meets OSHA standards – Northern Tool

Power cord length (with 5%) voltage drop calculations - http://www.lightshow.cc/explorer/Cal...r_/power_.html

High Pressure Foam Cannon (Foam Lance)

The difference between this and a Gilmour Foamaster II Foam Gun is the water pressure (40 to 90 psi) usually connected to a low pressure garden hose; the HP Foam Lance (Rated Pressure - 2,300 psi) is connected to a high pressure washer (i.e. Karcher Model K5.93M- 1850 PSI, 1.5 GPM, Nilfisk 140.2-9 S Xtra – 2000 PSI, 6.5 GPM (8 litre minute) or similar unit

Also known as foam cannon, foam lance or cam spray unit; the principle behind them is to minimize the amount of paint surface friction necessary to clean the vehicle by pre-soaking it with foam. By allowing the aerated cleaning agent to dwell on the paint surface, giving the surfactants time to reduce the surface tension; so that water /foam can spread and wet the surface.

The principle behind this is to minimize the amount of paint surface friction necessary to clean the vehicle by pre-soaking it with foam. The foam starts loosening the dirt and lubricating the paint surface immediately, thus gentle touch washing with a soft mitt substantially decreases the risk of micro-marring because the paint is covered in a layer of lubrication.

An extract from one of a series of unbiased Detailing Technical Papers © TOGWT ™ Ltd Copyright 2002-2009, all rights reserved.
              ~ Providing unbiased advice that Professional and Enthusiast Detailer’s Trust ~ Blog – http://togwt1980.blogspot.com

Comment

so where can i buy a lance?

thanks
                fred

Comment

I found a site that sold a foam lance exactly like the pinnacle foam lance and only $57. I bought it and love it!!!!!
                  Not sure if we can promote other sites but email me and I will gladly give anyone the info.
                  Philip Miranda
                  Miranda Mobile Auto Spa

Comment

Some info in my thread I made, as well as some soap comparos. Alter the amount of soap to produce more foam, as well as mess with the +/- dial on the top of it. Currently, I'm blasting out shaving cream

Automotive Care & Detailing - Let There Be FOAM!!! - BUY ONE HERE: http://www.autogeek.net/autogeek-foam-cannon-hp.html Service your Foam Cannon CLICK ME (http://www.detailingworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84349) Here are my pictures I did My car/victim:...
                    Hello, I am Isaac

Comment

its ok about foam cleaning. i got it.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');