• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tire Cleaner Research

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mike What is in that bucket. ? I really like the way it suds.

Comment

On the one car in particular I would like my tires to last as long as possible because they are exact OE as original in 1989 and they are no longer made. They must have stopped production sometime after 1999 when I was fortunate enough to get them. On a Sunday driver where each mile is driven with extreme care ,a product for tires as I described is important to me.
      my product collection-- New !
      My Detailing Credo
      Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Fr0zen
        Mike What is in that bucket. ? I really like the way it suds.
        That would be NXT Car Wash!

Mike
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

BTW, I'm finding NXT wash more and more easy to find. Sorta makes me smile to be able to stand next to a full shelf's slot's full in Wal Mart the other day. Keep up the good work Meguiars
          my product collection-- New !
          My Detailing Credo
          Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Comment

My Wal-Mart has NEVER stocked any NXT products. They must think people in central IN are too cheap to buy higher end car care products!

RamAirV1
            2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
            2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Meg's wheel brightner is as good a product as A2Z. I dilute it 2:1
              and it works great. Hyper-Dressing on the tires which by far outlasts most products in the industry for a medium gloss.
              "Washing for the People"

Comment

On the Mustang, always, although I wait til we get to a show if that's the destination. For cleaning, Westley's in the can (the foamy one with the scrub brush part on the top), but it's discontinued. I stock piled don't know what I'll use when it's gone! For dressing, Meg's gold class (the purple stuff).

Since we just bought a new Baja as our DD, I'll say on this one-almost everytime in the summer (I suspect anyhow, only had it a week today). It's just too cold out to worry about dressing the tires in the winter here, I'm just getting feeling back in my fingers from doing the door jambs with QD an hour ago (we go through a touchless car wash for the main body, but ya gotta do the doorjambs by hand)....brrrr, I hate the cold!

Comment

Believe it or not, i use Comet and a scrub brush to clean my tires.

If i'm heading out to a car meet, i'll dress the tires after cleaning them. But normally i just clean them and let it be.
                  '97 Mustang GT
                  Black/Black leather

Comment

I almost always use Black Magic Tire Wet after using Bleache White. The only time I don't add tire dressing is if it's going to rain in a day or two.
                    2003 Mach 1
                    Azure Blue
                    5 speed/IUP
                    2007 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD Off-Road
                    KY Horsepower

Comment

Just used the Insane shine tire spray...different but it does look good on a 2-tone Dakota with the white letters,I will see how long it lasts.

Comment

I like the look of shiny tires, but sometimes I just can't be bothered. That's rare, though. Insane Tire Shine is just too easy to apply.
                        "Son, crying in your milk is bad enough; crying in your hot fudge sundae is just disgusting."
                        R.A. Heinlein

Comment

I always clean and dress my tires at every detail. I was using Meguiar's Extra until I heard it was going away. Currently I'm using Citri-Gel until my stash runs out. When that runs out, I was planning on using APC+ diluted 4 to 1. Of course, that's gone away too.

For dressing the tires, I usually use a water based product, but sometimes use a gel if I'm in the mood.

Mike, is Meguiar's keeping Extra? I really liked the stuff on tires. I wish it was available in gallons.
                          Last edited by Boss_429; Mar 13, 2005, 02:16 PM.
                          Boss_429

Comment

I am starting to become partial to All Season on tires, it has a nice shine to it. I picked up a 6 pack of 32oz spray bottles with 2 foaming spayers from Sam's (great deal). I put the ASD in a foaming bottle and it applies more evenly and uses less product then just go over it with a tire swipe.
                            "Washing for the People"

Comment

The Insane Shine seems to have really good durability. I have not applied it in about a month and there is still some left on the tires, although not as glossy. And we have had a lot of slush, salt etc. on the roads during this time.

I bought another can at Pep Boys. I wish it came in a trigger (non-aerosol) spray version. The trigger spray works better on windy days, almost no overspray.

RamAirV1
                              2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

I was surfing some tire websites today and I noticed that some Goodyear tires have something called "Permablack." It is supposed to maintain that new tire look. It is used in some of their Assurance line of tires.

Has anyone had any experience with this? I wonder how it affects the use of tire cleaners and dressings. Does it make them obsolete?

RamAirV1
                                2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');