• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Product to Clean New Tires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Product to Clean New Tires?

Hi all,

I just upgraded from the stock 17" wheels on my 2009 TL to the 5 spoke 18" ones seen below. I had previously been using Bleche White on my wheels and wonder if it was too aggressive to cause some minor cracking that I saw. I would use it about once a week or every two weeks. The rims seemed fine as I tried to keep it off there.

I've looked through most of the tire cleaning posts here and am wondering if I should stick to Bleche White or change to something else. I had used APC on my Honda wheels but it never really took off the old dressing I found and would leave black residue on my Meguiars tire brush. I have the degreaser from Meguiars as well but have not tried that one on the tires.

Thanks and happy holidays to all!

Re: Product to Clean New Tires?

Here is my take... and I'm sure many will not agree. People slather **** on their tires to make them look nice. Then then use very strong chemicals to remove the ****. Each and every time they do this they are removing the built in UV and ozone protection from the tire. It's like waxing your paint only to spend time and effort to remove that same wax.

Personally, I clean the tire with car wash (agitate with a soft brush) and then use something like 303 or VinylX on them. I spray some on a foam applicator and then wipe the tire down. This way it does not pick up all the nasty dirt and I don't have a mess to clean up next time I wash the vehicle.

Occasionally I will spray the tire down with 10:1 APC.

Comment

Although not Meguiar's, I use Eagle One All Wheel and TIRE Cleaner. bout 5 bucks and a little goes a long ways. Works great and I've used it for a couple of years now or so.
      Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

I prefer using APC at a 10 :1 ratio. You could always adjust the ratio. From the 10:1 all the way down to 4:1. It should still be very safe for your rims, and do the job. Experiment a little bit.

Your tires and rims look good.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

You said you had meguiars super degreaser ? That will work perfectly !
          Addicted

Comment

At what dilution ratio did you use the APC? An 8:1 ratio seems to work pretty good for my tires. As already noted, your Meg's Super Degreaser should work brilliantly for you.

Also, what kind of brush do you use? If you don't have one, you might want to purchase a Versa-Angle Tire Brush.
            Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
            --Al Kimel

Comment

Originally posted by speed3blackmica View Post
              You said you had meguiars super degreaser ? That will work perfectly !
              I have used several products to clean tires when I detail and I have found none work better than Super Degreaser.
              '96 Honda Prelude

www.vbautodetailing.com

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');